Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder is anyone still having problems with a filler flap being reluctant to open?
I got the dealer to attend to mine over a year ago. They were partially successful in that it would open, usually after a couple of attempts. This week however I went to fill up and it refused to co-operate, no matter where I pushed at the flap. Finally, after a good five minutes, it opened and I filled the tank. It then took four or five attempts before it locked. I will book it in again tomorrow. Very frustrating. I have lubricated it, so that isn't the answer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wonder is anyone still having problems with a filler flap being reluctant to open?
I got the dealer to attend to mine over a year ago. They were partially successful in that it would open, usually after a couple of attempts. This week however I went to fill up and it refused to co-operate, no matter where I pushed at the flap. Finally, after a good five minutes, it opened and I filled the tank. It then took four or five attempts before it locked. I will book it in again tomorrow. Very frustrating. I have lubricated it, so that isn't the answer.
This is the solution: SEAT Ateca 2016-2020 Fuel Flap Actuator Element Fuel Flap Actuator Element SEAT Direct Parts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just press the “unlock” on my key fob. Works every time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I will take that information with me when I visit the dealer.
I just press the “unlock” on my key fob. Works every time.
I just went out (in the rain) and tried the key fob several times, without success. Thanks anyway. I have booked the car in for next Wednesday to have the updated fuel flap actuator element fitted. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As far as I know it's either the same part or at least a very similar similar across the whole of the VAG range and they can be temperamental. I had a similar issue on a VW Scirocco R and a friend had the opposite problem on his A6 Avant where the flap wouldn't stay closed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fuel flap is a nightmare!

Mine was difficult when I first bought the car but finally found the 'sweet spot'. Now just out of warranty and the flap has decided to pop open when I'm trying to close it. Eventually it closes but it looks like a visit to the dealer for me. Thankfully the part itself is not expensive. Should have flagged the initial problem up whilst under warranty of course - which ended 3 months ago.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took the car in, to have the new part fitted under warranty. Filled the tank for the first time since, on Saturday. Four pushes to get it to open and another three to get it to close after filling. Not the resounding success I was hoping for. I am more sad than angry. The car, in my opinion, is brilliant - but I could happily live without the nervous excitement every time I need fuel. I am begining to pine for the old fashioned locking petrol cap where the only risk was driving off with it still on the roof of your car. Ah well. Back to the dealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts