Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and good evening,

There are 3 three trim levels offered in Turkey: Reference is the base trim (equivalent to S in the UK), Style is the mid-trim and Excellence is the top trim. Some items differ, of course, among different markets, they do not overlap exactly. There are also launch packs for each trim as well, costing relatively low as a vehicle sales promotion.
The models with Style and Excellence trims are equipped with Full Link but they don't work plug & play as you must get the car to the dealer to activate the code. And the dealers here charge a hefty 700 TL, which is 170 GBP, just to activate the code for Full Link, which is robbery!

Do you guys there happen to meet such things?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, £170? No, not at all. I plugged in phone, and there was my iPhone on the screen, nothing easier! I also have Sat Nav, and to be honest I prefer the Sat Nav built in as an added extra to the Apple Maps.

I have noticed that the Bluetooth Audio is actually better quality than the Full Link Audio too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bagheera said:
The models with Style and Excellence trims are equipped with Full Link but they don't work plug & play as you must get the car to the dealer to activate the code. And the dealers here charge a hefty 700 TL, which is 170 GBP, just to activate the code for Full Link, which is robbery!

Here Full Link is an extra feature and not included in neither Style nor Excellence trims. Full Link activation list price is 3.200 DKK or about 360 GBP.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
In Spain, Full Link is an option unless you specify Nav Plus, in which case it is included.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorte Per said:
Bagheera said:

Here Full Link is an extra feature and not included in neither Style nor Excellence trims. Full Link activation list price is 3.200 DKK or about 360 GBP.
My gosh. 360 pounds in Denmark! :shock:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fred99 said:
In Spain, Full Link is an option unless you specify Nav Plus, in which case it is included.
Sat-Nav is a very expensive option as well. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here in Israel we also have 4 trim levels (style , style+ , excellence , excellence+)
The style is the cheapest one , and comes with 5" display , style+ (the one I have) comes with 8" display but unfortunately with no Full Link activated (getting the same annoying message ... "contact with your dealer..."

But the excellence and excellence+ do have full link working.

I've tried to contact our local VAG dealer , and they haven't decided yet regarding the activation fee , but from what I know , the big brother VW , asks 350 GBP !!! for the activation

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Igal,

Please update about the full link activation fee in israel if you get an answer.
I have the same trim level as you and would love to have the full link feature.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Igal

I am interested also on make the full link activated if you have any update information
I'll be very happy to here about it my ateca is also style+ so we are at the same boat :).

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem.I talk with dealer and he told me that I can get Full link by Central garage with something about 3500 !!! new shekels( (1000$)!!!
But he hinted existing some people that can fix it...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Xcellence and living in Ireland. I did not get the Sat Nav as standard. I was messing around with the system last night and I got the message:

Full Link
You can activate the function by means of an activation key. Please contact your dealer

Now all I want is for my phone to link up to system and I have mirror link. So I take it I use the mirror link to use Google Maps or should I have full link? Waiting for the dealer to reply but just wondering if this is something that I may need to pay extra for but I don't think so?

·
Registered
1 Posts
IgorB said:
I have the same problem.I talk with dealer and he told me that I can get Full link by Central garage with something about 3500 !!! new shekels( (1000$)!!!
But he hinted existing some people that can fix it...
Igor, who did you talk with?

G

·
funkyirishman said:
Now all I want is for my phone to link up to system and I have mirror link. So I take it I use the mirror link to use Google Maps or should I have full link?
Full Link is not a technology, it's a marketing name for the system which comprises three technologies: MirrorLink, Android Auto and Apple Carplay. None of these three technologies is available separately in SEAT cars, they come in a package called "Full Link". So yes, you will need Full Link in order to get your mobile phone apps to appear on the center console screen.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know this now but its the way the Salesman sold the car to us we thought that we could use our phones via the USB and Google maps could be used, as we were looking at getting sat nav. It was only when we got the car that we tried to link phone and realised that this was not the case. Then salesman told us that we needed full link but that's not the way we interpreted it.

Some emails later and we compromised and they installed full link FOC due to the mis understanding. In Ireland if you get full link on purchase its one price and if you want to get it at a later date it cost more

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just for info, I ordered Full Link for €160 for my FR here in Bulgaria. I suppose it can be activated at a later time but probably at a higher price. Not sure it it really helpful though since I have an iPhone hence I can use only Apple Maps and they are the worst joke that I've ever seen. But I hope Waze will be supported some day the same way they recently introduced it to Android Auto.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.