Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've just been installing my dash cam in my 2020 (pre-facelift) Ateca Excellence Lux. All threaded and installed and run down to the fuse box. From there I had a look at various forum posts to see which fuses i should piggyback from. I've found that F15 on mine appears to be permanent live. I am also looking for a switched fuse. There seemed to be a number of options between SC32 and 37 but here's the part that threw me. I tested these switched fuses with the ignition off. Showed a tiny floating voltage (probably due the poor choice of ground on my part). When the ignition was turned on they jumped to 12v as expected. What i did not expect is what happened when the ignition was turned off. They all jump to around 42.9v for about 10 seconds. During this period I could here a faint hum from a unit somewhere inside the car. As soon as this hum ceased they dropped to zero. Not quite sure what to make of it all but wondered if anyone else had seen similar behavior or could recommend which fuses to spur off. I've only got the mini fuse adaptors at the moment so would prefer to spur both switched and unswitched from the same size if possible. Here's a pic of my board anyhow just in case it differs slightly in anyway to other versions. It maybe i can safely ignore this 42v spike when the car goes off I don't know. just a bit odd. I've ringed the fuse i was considering for the permanent 12v feed.

Any advice appreciated.

Product Circuit component Computer hardware Audio equipment Electrical wiring

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 2018 Ateca, I piggybacked off the ignition switched 12v / cigarette socket fuse and dashcam has worked fine for 2 years now.
Can't remember what fuse that was but different models may vary.
I did not do as extensive testing e.g 42v spike measured when ignition on/off so don't know if that is ok or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have a 2018 Ateca, I piggybacked off the ignition switched 12v / cigarette socket fuse and dashcam has worked fine for 2 years now.
Can't remember what fuse that was but different models may vary.
I did not do as extensive testing e.g 42v spike measured when ignition on/off so don't know if that is ok or not.
I can''t see the 12v cigarette lighter fuse listed on the info i have. do you know which fuse it is?
Other posts have suggested SC47 (rear wash wipe) as a good switched source but sadly this is the larger fuse type (blue 15a one above) so I'll need to get a new piggyback lead tomorrow and try that).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts