Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been avoiding the forum for the past three weeks as it broke my heart to be on here, finally caught up though. Some of you may remember i was one of the first to get my Ateca (end of September) and i had promised lots of answers and photos. Well after two weeks of ownership and 600 miles on the clock, on holiday in the Lake District with my wife a drunk local decided to park in the front of my Ateca in the hotel car park and drive off.

The mother in law and farther in law who were away with us witnessed it and my mother in law got a photo of them on her iPad as they drove off. I can now officially claim to have the worlds best mother in law. Police got them and they admitted liability. Seat Ensure were great, made sure my car went back to the dealership rather than the insurers approved repairer, so make sure you register for it now even if you don't think you need it. One down side; my courtesy car has been a Rav 4 which i can confirm is Horrible in every sense.

Anyway after 3 weeks of waiting the parts arrived yesterday (new front bumper, trims, crash pan reinforcer, etc). So I pick my car back up Saturday from my local Seat dealership. But its a long wait for spares at the moment so fingers crossed no one else has to endure the pain i have over the past few weeks.

On another note before this happened i bought a warning Triangle from eBay for £3.60 which slots perfectly into one of the boot slots.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So sorry to her what a nightmare you've had. Roll on Saturday.

Thanks for the advice about SEAT Ensurance - I hadn't heard of it until I read your post. Have followed your advice and have now signed up for it. Let's hope I never need it!

·
Registered
979 Posts
I feel your pain. My car at the moment a Dacia Duster was rear ended back in 2013 when I had only had it month. Ended up with my exhaust ripped off and stuck through her radiator and my bumper against her windscreen :roll: The duster had just been released and was off the road for three months as they couldn't get a new exhaust for it. In the end they fitted one off another crashed Duster until they managed to get a brand new one another 3 months later. :x

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sorry to hear all the bad news, old and new. Thanks for the tip Vag Dunn I'll do that.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
this is something Skoda do too ... have an app on my phone already that gives you hints what you need to do incase of an accident and a place to keep insurance policy numbers etc

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dunn :(

Thanks for the info though - I've just set it up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts