Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a phone call from my dealership yesterday.
Apparently my car is built and is currently sitting on a boat heading this way.

Which is a lot better than my last update which was it's to be built late Jan 2017 !!!

Anyway, do people know the rough timescales I'd be looking at (based on experience) as to when I can actually expect to get my hands on my car ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You got Xmas and any backlogs. Normally it can take two weeks for Seat to check the car once in port. They are shipped directly to the dealer from there. So Seat checks them, tells the dealer all is fine. Then the dealer puts in a request for transport. Shipping takes a week from the request, port to dealer.

Assuming nothing is happening over Xmas unless they want overtime, I'd think you would be looking at the 3rd week of January for it to get to the dealer, if not the second. Definitely by the end.

Once it was in port Seat customer services told me to contact them weekly for a progress report. You could do that with the dealer I guess or double check with customer service, you need the Seat order number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great - Thanks

I suspected as much, so I'll curb my excitement till the latter half of Jan !!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think this may have been asked before, but approximately how long are we looking at from a build completion to arrival in a U.K. port?

Thanks! :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Montana. Yes they can sit about outside the factory for a couple of weeks, that's the variable thing. Think they are batched for shipment. Then by train to Holland from recollection, then by boat to that port up north I've forgotten the name of. Certainly some people got a bit frustrated that they sat at the factory for a bit before they commenced the journey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell said:
Montana. Yes they can sit about outside the factory for a couple of weeks, that's the variable thing. Think they are batched for shipment. Then by train to Holland from recollection, then by boat to that port up north I've forgotten the name of. Certainly some people got a bit frustrated that they sat at the factory for a bit before they commenced the journey.
Would that be Grimsby or Port of Tyne !
If it's the Tyne then I could probably pass by and wave at it as comes in :D !!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Apparently it varies a lot, some go to Grimsby, some to Tyne, ours went to Tyne. Was in our grubby mitts less than a week later. Have a look at belluszyra's thread 'arrived' in the photos board for the timeline. From build week to collection was 3 weeks, but we're still waiting for SD cards.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Can't win them all.

Those figures are obviously the ones they quoted at the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.