Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sitting in a car wash and noticed glove box looked dropped at top left corner

Not a major issue - would sort at some time that suited me

Opened and closed a few times to see if it changed anything but Then noticed the interior light not turning off now in it !! May have been like that all the time as can't say over look that side much lol

Probability now means need to take an early finish at work one day when I'm already stretched for time next week

Anyone noticed which is sensor that turns light off ?
I'll Try have a play later to see but straight to appt after wash and then will be dark!!

Can't find a sensor to force it off

Tried garage but service part shut

They are ringing Monday to sort an appt. I was going to leave it till next sat but not sure I should with the light in draining battery

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Saggy, given your relationship with your dealer you might be the person to get your dealer to show you how to take it off and get at the fuses,,,, you seem half way there :). Any good at shooting video :).

I'm going out to the car later so I'll look for the switch if nobody beats me. Sure it won't time off with the electrics.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
OK I fail to find the switch. I'm wondering whether they are always on and related to Kessy or central lockjng ?. I peep through the slot and mine are on. Reckon when you walk away from the car it will go off. Something for you to try in the dark with the keys in the house.

Over to VW Vag....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Only had car couple of days, but went in glove box this morning(quite cold outside) and noticed quite a lot of condensation in there. Possibly nothing but anyone else noticed this happening. :eek:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
light goes off when car locked and left

I think I know what has caused it
I put my fold up brolly in it other week as was rolling round my nieces feet when I had her to stay
closed ok, without slamming

however I think it was a bit too tight a fit and has pushed back and warped it a bit ~ but was still lugs in turning light off

me noticing today and opening and closing a few times (minus brolly) and it now isn't lining up properly and light showing

i've not got any big runs between now and next sat so now I know it goes off with car engine off i'll wait till then ........

moral of the story ~ even if glove box closes with something in it if it's tight then don't do it !!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mcderms said:
Saggy said:
......tight fit
moral of the story ~ if it's tight then don't do it !!

:lol: :lol:
"we know a song about that don't we" (Hale and Pace)

I'm not making comment on the tightness but I will tell Taffy mine isn't wet in the mornings as far as I know but not inspected closely :shock:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
"we know a song about that don't we" (Hale and Pace)

I'm not making comment on the tightness but I will tell Taffy mine isn't wet in the mornings as far as I know but not inspected closely :shock:
We all know there's a big difference between a bit of condensation, and being wet in the morning :eek: Taffy is just slightly damp..... :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I've started cross posting now.... talking of water in the tailgate I did see it has the ability to drop a good splash well inside the tailgate. Concluded it wasn't a leak but a design feature when you open it. Said water was on top of my chiller box.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I think even when you haven't messed up your glove box by putting your umbrella in it Saggy there isn't a light switch, it's an Ateca feature in case you keep your hamster there so he can't get off to sleep whilst the car is unlocked.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Tell said:
I've started cross posting now.... talking of water in the tailgate I did see it has the ability to drop a good splash well inside the tailgate. Concluded it wasn't a leak but a design feature when you open it. Said water was on top of my chiller box.
A chiller box in the current weather? Are you a part time human organ transplant delivery driver? :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fred99 said:
Tell said:
A chiller box in the current weather? Are you a part time human organ transplant delivery driver? :D :D :D
it's his brain in the box :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry Tell)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Small box? :D :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I don't plug it in, in the winter :)... the chiller box. Only plug it in on long hot journeys in the summer but use a chiller bag with the motor that I do plug in on trips. So the bag comes on trips but the solid chiller box stays in the back the rest of the time for shopping missions. Saves milk etc getting thrown about in the boot. I'm fussy about tainted milk. I can taste if it's going off... being a country boy etc.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just carry a cow in the boot for fresh milk on tap

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good job the boots big in these Ateca's :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Hope you warm your hands up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ok so only glamced over the thread so apologies if this is repeated:

The glove box internal light is activated by a switch arm attached to the drop down drawer, located on the right hand side of the drawer when open, picture to follow: (picture rotation may be wrong again, bloody browser)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Brill I'll take a look later

I looked inside not outside :)

Thanks Dunn

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.