1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took her to Horton's this morning for the twisted glove box lid

Did tell them truth about umbrella and pressure so thought twisted

He took car off, came back 15 mins later and all sorted

He'd also put the wallet of books in the passenger door as said even that was causing pressure

I asked how you get box off to get at fuses and he said is simple

Open it
Press right side in so comes free
Then same left side
And it drops

To be fair didn't do it so by drop don't know if it means comes right off of just pivots right down but one of you can try

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yaaay! Bad day though when the glove box has trouble with the manuals :eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mcderms said:
Yaaay! Bad day though when the glove box has trouble with the manuals :eek: :lol: :lol:
Exactly what I shouted across the showroom to my salesman lol :mrgreen:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
mcderms said:
Exactly what I shouted across the showroom to my salesman lol :mrgreen:
Just use it for gloves, then ! :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I moved mine out into the driver door bin two months ago, so ahead :). Decided there wasn't enough space there for them plus what I wanted to put there as well.

Vag have you tried the glove box shuffle yet. No mention of screws. Dealer talk perhaps?.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
I asked how you get box off to get at fuses and he said is simple

Open it
Press right side in so comes free
Then same left side
And it drops

To be fair didn't do it so by drop don't know if it means comes right off of just pivots right down but one of you can try
Mmmm...I wonder now, on further thought, whether that just enables the glove box lid to come out? Will help with access, no doubt, but there must be more to do to access the fuse box if it sits behind the glove box casing?

Tell - are you minded to try this?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
No I'm not minded to try it Mcderm. There is the small matter of the right arm.

We are either talking about pulling the lot out or the door. I'm deferring to Dunn Vag who has spent the most time looking at the glove box.

For Saggy it was possibly putting the cover back on rather than taking the whole assembly out with the back plane.

There is also the question of the light switch whether it has one or not. You can see all the Seat Master Engineers in the classroom together practicing the removal of the glove box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.