Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting my shiny new SE 1.0 on Friday after what seems an age!

Although I've had quite a few new cars I've never had the benefit of a forum to ask about what to check or have shown on handover. It might seem a bit obvious, but then I saw Mikeb's comment about no handbook, so that's now on my list. So what else?

·
Registered
979 Posts
It's best to check any extras you ordered if any, are all in place and working, such as park assist, top view camera, electric boot, double boot etc. The obvious as you said main manual plus infotainment one, two sets of keys, SD card if have satnav. :cool: I of course did none of this and just accepted mine and left in all of the excitement :lol: My dealer did however stick my SD card in, hand over both keys then went through most of the infotainment system before I rushed off to play :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Might seem obvious but I'll add physically check you have a tyre repair kit or a spare tyre and make sure you have the locking wheel nut - don't just take the salesman's word it's there. If it is the spare tyre - make sure the wrench and jack are present.

And whatever you do, don;t just drive off like a kid with a new toy - check the whole car for dents or scratches because the second you drive off, all the garage needs to say is that the car was perfect when you collected it. If possible, take someone with you. When you're busy/excited signing forms, get them to check the car over without any salesperson standing over/pressurising them.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
And whatever you do, don;t just drive off like a kid with a new toy - check the whole car for dents or scratches because the second you drive off, all the garage needs to say is that the car was perfect when you collected it. If possible, take someone with you. When you're busy/excited signing forms, get them to check the car over without any salesperson standing over/pressurising them.
That's a good point. Especially check your wheels. I noticed some marks on my alloys when I first cleaned it. High up away from curb height that look more like impacts than scrapes and positive I never did them :x

·
Registered
63 Posts
As ever, sound advice in the above posts. Also, the question timing couldn't be better for me too… collection is imminent! That's for another thread and to not hijack this one. :oops:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Aerial on the roof. One Ateca owners took delivery less the aeriel was pointed out by Leon or Freddie in the customary photos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, added to my list.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Finding this list of things very very useful.

I am still confused about when do you go about getting road tax and insurance for brand new car? on the day - day before? What is needed before collecting?

·
Registered
192 Posts
missy said:
Finding this list of things very very useful.

I am still confused about when do you go about getting road tax and insurance for brand new car? on the day - day before? What is needed before collecting?
The dealer should tax it for you. They have a quick link to DVLA and will do it while you are there. Ring your insurers a few days in advance and give them the car details and the date and time you are picking it up. They will make the necessary arrangements. (I assume you are part exchanging.)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not part exchanging - new instead of a bicycle!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I which case, as soon as you know your date, ring the insurer. Tax is as per my original email.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I taxed mine at 7:30 pm the night before forgetting about it in the build error hiatus the day before when negotiating what they were going to give me in exchange for building an Xcellence without the wireless charger. At 7:30 pm, Christ I've not insured it for tomorrow but then Seat hadn't agreed the compensation for the botched build. Confused is what I used and saved money on trading in my old insurance since the lines were closed so they just gave me a good apportionment back. The next day, Seat customer services at lunch time made me the offer of the free servicing, the garage then registered it, put the plates on and I headed up the road to get it. It was a last blink affair. It can all be done the day before, even 30 minutes before the insurer closes the lines and a garage registers it on the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts