Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

..................... Week 51 at min

Apparently started as Week 3 2017 but been pulled forward and maybe it will move nearer again (fingers crossed !!)

Have people been saying they are seeing about 6 weeks on top of build till delivery?

I have updated poll accordingly

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks for updating the poll accordingly and congratulations.

It takes 5 days to build the car. Then it's said 4 weeks to ship it to the UK and into the dealer. Ruth was given 5 weeks but I wonder whether that included parts of the build week. Another dealer said 5 weeks, my dealer said could be less than 4 weeks. I will hopefully get told my figures very soon on shipping.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell said:
Thanks for updating the poll accordingly and congratulations.
Thank you, makes me feel pregnant lol

If they do build that week (week before xmas) I can't imagine her being shipped until after New Year though

Maybe someone will put me a present in her :lol:
Just hope it hasn't been any staff/robot xmas parties that week or my wheels might fall off :shock:

My Birthday is beginning of Feb so good if I get her for then

·
Registered
118 Posts
Saggy said:

..................... Week 51 at min

Apparently started as Week 3 2017 but been pulled forward and maybe it will move nearer again (fingers crossed !!)

Have people been saying they are seeing about 6 weeks on top of build till delivery?

I have updated poll accordingly
Sorry, when did you order?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
order went through about the 13/14 September :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I ordered a 1.4Tsi at the end of August and the build date is week 48.

It will be interesting to see how the 150Tdi fiasco affects delivery dates.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Fred99 said:
I ordered a 1.4Tsi at the end of August and the build date is week 48.

It will be interesting to see how the 150Tdi fiasco affects delivery dates.
I really don't get it, how people even ordering in September are getting build dates already :cry: . I ordered mine on the 11th August and checked again today, and still no build date. When I checked with Seat customer support they mentioned something about them having problems getting the colour, but can't image how that could be?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
All that Orange paint slapped on Magpies I guess...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ohhh Kindness I'd be so fed up in your shoes :(

I so nearly went for orange but was a last minute mind change

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hey Saggy check this video out from 3.31 minutes in. The guy is in a red Ateca with the red dash add ons. Looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohhh kindness thank you

I'd seen a few pic but that gives a much better idea

I was thinking just dash but do like the splash on the doors and the steering wheel too

Brilliant

Thanks !!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
We concluded it was a strobe effect after much debate.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tell said:
We concluded it was a strobe effect after much debate.
Ah ok

Thanks Tell

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well I concluded that I was wrong after being told that I was wrong...

I've seen them illuminate running across with my own eyes so I believe the strip of leds don't come on all at once, they spark up in a row as the charge - power moves across the strip (my interpretation), you can observe that one. I saw that myself on an Audi type of car, then I think coupled with the electronic shutter effect of a digital video camera you get the strobing effect, especially if you flash them. Certainly you see people playing games with this knowing full well the effect it's giving as they run the camera over the lights. That's been done with an Ateca although I'd have to look over every video posted up. I wasn't convinced they didn't twiddle with the shutter rate whilst filming the sequence. If it's a semi pro camera you can alter the rate with a knob during filming. Least on one camera I had.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Further to the Samoa orange delay I've just had this update from the dealer. Fast losing patience with seat now ordered the 2wd back in July changed to the 4wd 3 weeks back now can't have the car until Jan next year at the earliest! Or have to change the order again and start at week 1.

"Sorry I keep missing you,

Re. the Ateca , SEAT have advised us to change the colour of the vehicle and have referred me to the following on the dealer support website:

***The factory is receiving orders for Samoa Orange significantly above the global planned mix. Due to the nature of this colour, it has limited weekly production capacity which the factory is working to increase. However, this is not a quick process and the factory is advising the current lead time is approx. 28 weeks. Please ensure not orders are placed in this colour unnecessarily.***

As it stands, the vehicle is unconfirmed for build week 01-2017."

·
Registered
979 Posts
ahhhh $*1t, on the back of your post JB02 I've just called SEAT support (0500222222 if anyone else wants to call them). There is not only a delay on the Orange Colour but also on the 1.4 TSI engine now due to demand. He told me there is a 15 week delay from now on the engine and 28 weeks in total with the Orange as well. That makes it 11th April 2017. I ordered it on the 11th August. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's a nice colour thou. You got to think of those Indian kids who might not be, being asked / told to go down mica mines, if that's the case it would be good. Perhaps VW use aggressive just in time manufacture with no spare capacity, like the Tories do with the NHS, cut out the spare beds and wonder why people are waiting. VW perhaps run at very low stock levels after being caught out with emissions and the financial consequences is that customers have to wait. Spin is popular, another view lack of parts. Think it's theory 2.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ahhhh crap for those now facing delays with engines or colour :roll:

I'm glad I don't work for Seats customer service right now

I wonder what counts as an acceptable time from order to build if anyone was wanting to cancel now and not lose deposit?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts