Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting closer...
This morning I had an email from the dealer with a list of 17-plate reg numbers to choose one.
So my new reg number is now assigned!
It's definitely being built next week but as yet I don't have a definitive delivery date - 'early March' is the best guess at the moment...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts
We did too, we were lucky to pick one with our initials within it. Ateca is at the dealers now ready for 1st march pick up.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Woohoo!! I don't know if we got a list, but ours make a pleasing sound when read aloud :lol:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi,

I am quite surprised to read that 17 plate registration numbers are available already, as I was under the impression that they would not be made available (or 'released') until much nearer to the end of the month.

I told my salesman at the time I placed my order that I would like a choice of numbers, but all he would say was "I will see what I can do", and he was equally vague about it when I asked him again last Thursday.

Does anyone know the process for dealers getting these? Do they have to apply for them in advance, are they allocated automatically, and if so when, and in batches of how many?

The next time I speak with them I would like to be armed with a few more facts, as I can't really see why I should not be given a choice... even if it is only from a restricted or limited list!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Few different dealers, few different cars - been given a list to pick from

Not sure how long in advance but quite long lists each time

This time I gave them the docs for the 66 plate I bought though

·
Registered
242 Posts
I believe they get allocated a batch from the DVLA and go from there. Most dealers have given me the option to pick from that list.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks... so most dealers should have received their first '17 reg' lists by now then?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd think so. Whether they've been passed to the sales staff yet is another question. With the rush that March brings the earlier you get the reg, the earlier you can sort the insurance if you're not using the Seat 5 day cover, which makes it easier for them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had a choice of about 20 different regs e- mailed to us on the 2nd Feb.
So managed to get in quick for the 1 we wanted, can't understand why you can't choose earlier, perhaps show them the Ateca forum.
Give them hell :evil:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dealer in Bristol sent me a list of about 30 plates to choose from, and asked for a first and a second choice as they're first come first served. I let my other half pick a favourite and a second favourite, emailed the guy back about half an hour later and got first choice. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
It is becoming increasingly apparent from the above statements that some dealers appear to be much more customer orientated and pro-active than others!

This is the first time I have dealt with the company from whom I have ordered my new Ateca, and as they are a SEAT only outlet, I had high hopes of receiving good service from them. However the lack of any communication whatsoever from them since I placed my order, and now their apparent reluctance to even talk about registration numbers, has not really done anything to convince me that I made the right choice here... of dealer and not car that is! :)

I can see that I will have to have a chat with one of their senior managers sooner, rather than later, and make him aware of my feelings on this subject!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I wasn't offered a choice of number plate but I have my own cherished number plate so didn't need to choose one

·
Registered
189 Posts
Kick their arse, Montala. We didn't get a choice, I didn't think about it until after.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In fairness, I've bought quite a few new cars and whenever I've had a choice they have all been equally boring!

·
Registered
280 Posts
trogette said:
Kick their arse, Montala. We didn't get a choice, I didn't think about it until after.
I am just lacing up my steel capped boots now! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
This got me thinking. I'm likely going to get a Reading prefix when I take charge of my Ateca. Reading prefixes are RA to RY... just hoping I don't get RT: RT17...!!! :oops: :lol:

My last new car, I didn't have a choice of registration. So pleased I've signed up to the group to see that there are potential options to make a selection - if the dealership is willing to do so.

Quite envious of those waiting to pick-up their Ateca... still only on provisional build week 8.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Montala said:
It is becoming increasingly apparent from the above statements that some dealers appear to be much more customer orientated and pro-active than others!

I can see that I will have to have a chat with one of their senior managers sooner, rather than later, and make him aware of my feelings on this subject!
You're not the only one who hasn't been filled with confidence from their dealer. I have been dealing with the senior sales manager, makes no difference. The only time my dealer updates me is usually a couple of hours after I have called Seat UK. Maybe they give them him a little shove. My Ateca is on its way to the uk, but no news on a reg number yet.

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Drmac said:
Montala said:

You're not the only one who hasn't been filled with confidence from their dealer. I have been dealing with the senior sales manager, makes no difference. The only time my dealer updates me is usually a couple of hours after I have called Seat UK. Maybe they give them him a little shove. My Ateca is on its way to the uk, but no news on a reg number yet.
It does sound as if you have received some updates from your dealer though... I have not received a single call from mine since I signed the order form in their showroom two months ago!

Mind you, I have been contacting SEAT Customer Services nearly every week, and they have kept me fully updated on build progress etc.

I can see a very interesting meeting coming up in the not too distant future! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts