Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I've been on this forum reading a lot over the last couple of months but this is my first post! I ordered an Ateca Xperience Lux 2.0TSI 4Drive back in May and the dealership estimates it will be delivered at the end of October... Anybody else recently ordered or received their Ateca (in the UK) and if so what was the approx order timescale?

I also wondered if the facelift Ateca definitely has WIRELESS android auto as a couple of online reviews seem to suggest only wireless carplay. It would be nice to know from someone that has it! If it does have Wireless AA - is it any good?? We currently have a Seat Ibiza with WIRED AA and it drops out all the time (typically when approaching a massive roundabout and i don't know where i'm going!) I always put it down to the cable getting knocked about etc and wondered if wireless AA resolves any of this.

Appreciate any info!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi

I ordered my Ateca at the end of March and was told to expect it by the end of November. I received an email from the dealer at the end of May informing me that the factory has accepted the order. What that does to the estimated delivery timescale, I've no idea! I've ordered a 1.5TSI Xperience with DSG gearbox.

Perhaps someone on the forum who has a facelifted recent Ateca can confirm if Android Auto is now wireless? I thought it was but I'm unable to confirm. A Google search takes me to the Seat website but their link to find out more opens a document dated 2015!

Glen

·
Registered
300 Posts
And my Sept 2020 Pre-facelift (registered) Cupra Ateca doesn't, it's wired. So, yes, wireless in a facelifted model I suspect.

Reactions: tristanf

·
Registered
6 Posts
And my Sept 2020 Pre-facelift (registered) Cupra Ateca doesn't, it's wired. So, yes, wireless in a facelifted model I suspect.
I have a facelift Ateca Experience delivered in March 21. It requires a cable connection for Android Auto.
The latest Manuel data Edition 06.22 says:
'The smartphone has to be connected through the USB connection with data transmission with the infotainment system.'
'Android Auto™ Wireless: Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi also have to be activated on the device.' Not sure why that is.

See My SEAT - User's Manual | SEAT UK
Follow with 'Data Transfer' 'Full Link' and Android Auto.

I have used Android Auto with the cable and not had any problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a facelift Ateca Experience delivered in March 21. It requires a cable connection for Android Auto.
The latest Manuel data Edition 06.22 says:
'The smartphone has to be connected through the USB connection with data transmission with the infotainment system.'
'Android Auto™ Wireless: Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi also have to be activated on the device.' Not sure why that is.

See My SEAT - User's Manual | SEAT UK
Follow with 'Data Transfer' 'Full Link' and Android Auto.

I have used Android Auto with the cable and not had any problems.
Looking at another problem with my car I came across a You Tube video from Seat that seemed to say that you can connect AA including car play and mirror link wirelessly. This was for the facelift version so dont know about others.
I searched my owners manual for this but could not find.
I downloaded the latest version from above link and its on page 220.
Seems a long complicated procedure. I will try it when I have some time and update.
Unless someone else has already done so.

It is not in my owners manual (07/20) or the later one the dealer ordered for me (04/21)
The latest manual does seem a lot better, not too difficult as the old one was atrocious.
My wifes cheap Dacia car manual if much much better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered my Velvet Red Ateca 1.5TSi DSG Experience Lux with Panoramic roof on the 14th of March. I have had an email on the 8th of this month informing me that the car has been built and is now awaiting shipping allocation. Should be here early next month all being well.

·
Registered
Seat ateca, 2022, experience lux,1.5 petrol DSG, velvet red, panoramic roof,space saver spare wheel
8 Posts
Hello!

I've been on this forum reading a lot over the last couple of months but this is my first post! I ordered an Ateca Xperience Lux 2.0TSI 4Drive back in May and the dealership estimates it will be delivered at the end of October... Anybody else recently ordered or received their Ateca (in the UK) and if so what was the approx order timescale?

I also wondered if the facelift Ateca definitely has WIRELESS android auto as a couple of online reviews seem to suggest only wireless carplay. It would be nice to know from someone that has it! If it does have Wireless AA - is it any good?? We currently have a Seat Ibiza with WIRED AA and it drops out all the time (typically when approaching a massive roundabout and i don't know where i'm going!) I always put it down to the cable getting knocked about etc and wondered if wireless AA resolves any of this.

Appreciate any info!
Hello , my first comment!!! Ordered my 1.5 petrol experience lux with panoramic roof on 28/1/2022,was told build date April and delivery may hopefully, then that changed back to “ordered”, I chased the dealer Thursday and he looked it up and my car has now been built and is currently being transported to the uk hopefully for a late July/early august delivery (which I may try to stall for 3 weeks to get a 72 plate rather than 22 if they allow, I think it would be nice if they did). Either way, looks like my car will be here soon and I can now start getting excited about it arriving again

·
Registered
Seat ateca, 2022, experience lux,1.5 petrol DSG, velvet red, panoramic roof,space saver spare wheel
8 Posts
I ordered my Velvet Red Ateca 1.5TSi DSG Experience Lux with Panoramic roof on the 14th of March. I have had an email on the 8th of this month informing me that the car has been built and is now awaiting shipping allocation. Should be here early next month all being well.
same car exactly, ordered 28/1/22, mines on its way at the moment too

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
Ordered my Camo Green FR Sport on 09-03-2022 and was told Oct/Nov for delivery. Got an email from dealer today saying car was complete and is in the UK and expected at dealership in 3-4 weeks. So things possibly moving a bit quicker than previously anticipated 👍🏼

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,
Ordered my Camo Green FR Sport on 09-03-2022 and was told Oct/Nov for delivery. Got an email from dealer today saying car was complete and is in the UK and expected at dealership in 3-4 weeks. So things possibly moving a bit quicker than previously anticipated 👍🏼

im hoping that mine will get to the dealer around the same time then and hold off another couple of weeks for a 72 plate, may as well be during a new plate for the whole six months lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer is arranging for mine to be registered with my private plate and to leave the garage with it rather than assigning it a reg, so makes no difference to me thankfully. Will just be glad to get the new car a few months earlier than anticipated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered an Experience Lux 1.5 dsg, with Pano roof and spare wheel, in Nevada White, back in February. My dealer contacted me 2 days ago, to say it will be ready for collection after 4th August. Nice surprise, would have preferred a September registration, but just pleased that it's here. Seems a few are making it through now, which is good. I will feel a bit sad saying farewell to my Skoda Yeti, in a way.;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the replies, nice to see a few others getting their cars delivered soon! Based on what I can read above, it seems like dealer estimate of end-of-October for me looks about right.. Maybe even a little earlier if i'm lucky. It's also interesting to see the colour choices, I liked the camo green and the velvet red too but my wife insisted on Nevada White. I chose the spec and engine so only fair she got to choose the colour! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Ateca is a facelift 2021 Xperience model, Android phone connects via bluetooth for the phone part as soon as you get in the car. Android Auto for maps etc has to be plugged in. ApplePlay connects wirelessly. I recollect reading here somewhere that Android Auto has the capability of connecting wirelessly but that isn't enabled on UK models.

I'm having repeating problems with Android Auto disconnecting its self and now ApplePlay has started doing the same thing and they then either won't reconnect or loose the set destination, but thats another matter for the technical threads!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
My October 2020 facelift FR has Android Auto and I can use Google Maps without having the phone plugged in although I sometimes do as it goes through the battery quite quickly on longer journeys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts