Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I've enjoyed reading your posts and pictures in recent weeks. I placed my order last week ready for a March 17 delivery (fingers crossed)!
We fancied a change from our Mk2 Qashqai and loved the look of the new Ateca. Really impressed with the test drive (1.4) and wanted to get away from a diesel.
We looked at some reviews on You Tube. We love Thomas on Autogufuhl - his comprehensive review clinched it for us.
No confirmed date yet so we will just have to enjoy your pics and posts as you take delivery :)

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Greetings.... get away from diesels. Hmmm. I have been noticing a vast number of hybrid SUVs on the roads in Japan which leads to the question of why we don't see them in these volumes in the UK. One reason being that VW haven't got on top of the technology as yet.

Downside of hybrids is they glide along with little noise. In the states drivers cut across corner petrol stations to avoid lights, in Japan they cut across convenience stores at junctions to avoid lights with the effect of being a hazard as one nearly took me out. You stager out the door go round the back to nip over to use the toilet and find a silent car heading straight for you on a diagonal trajectory.

It's a shame that Seat didn't launch the 1.4 litre DSG in the UK although I wanted a 4Drive so guess their cleaner options aren't up to generating sufficient power as yet and for marketing reasons didn't bother to launch the highly sort after 1.4 litre DSG petrol in the UK.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Funny that you mention about hybrids. We did look at the Kia Niro - which was very interesting to drive with lots of "kit" included. We liked the hybrid but felt the styling let it down - much prefer the Ateca.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
greetings Amigo :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts