Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks while I made a decision. I'd planned to order a 1.4 SE with some options and a long wait, but the dealer has a stock order Excellence coming in a few weeks which I've opted for instead. It's grey which is the colour I was after. Fingers crossed for delivery in three weeks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome Neil, great news on the delivery date, very popular colour with this forum, look forward to seeing your pics when she arrives. Maybe mines on its way too. :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm sure it will be lovely. The rhodium grey turns green in the morning covered in condensation, one of the colour tricks it plays.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Tell said:
I'm sure it will be lovely. The rhodium grey turns green in the morning covered in condensation, one of the colour tricks it plays.
Are you sure it's not mildew? :D :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
No, it does weird things to the colour. Defraction... silver reflects the image of council estate housing or sun touched Granada.., I joke, honest.

Getting back to rhodium grey it must defract the light into green via the mica when it has the film of water on it, the rest of the time it looks distinctly blue colour when clean or just dirty when dirty.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I wonder if the paint technology they are now using has changed. My silver Leon really glows in the sun, but I have never seen a colour tinge - to be fair, it doesn't rain much here. I note that the paint code on my present car is different to the one on the Ateca order form. I wonder if that's because the mica content is different.

I guess I will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure the technology has changed much. I used to have a grey 2006 MK5 Golf which also took on a green tint in certain lights.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks for believing me :). It's a bit weird when you look at it in early morning dew and it's changed colour.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Mine goes pink when it rains - something to do with fine sand coming from Africa :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
We get the Sahara dust in the UK deposited by rain, although I'm not sure whether it reaches Scotland suspect their weather system is mostly from the West and North, with a bit from the East but not much from the South.

Actually if your paint code is different between cars it will be different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.