Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've been sitting at the back of the class taking in all your wisdom on this fine vehicle the past few months and thought it's about time I give a little.

Received my car (well the mrs car) yesterday and I am happy to report smiles all round. Ordered beginning of September, but was originally told March for delivery.

Love the ride, so much softer than expected, probably because I've come from a Giulietta QV - very hard ride. Even from new, it doesn't seem to have the same stiffness that some cars need a couple of thousand miles to get rid of. Although not a fast car (1.4tsi) its nippy and responds better than a SUV at this price range should. I love the cars stylings, but I dont think its quite a 'get out and walk away whilst looking back over your shoulder' type of car. It looks good nevertheless.

Never having had Led lights before, apart from daylight, the arc of illumination it provides is a wonderful thing. The illuminations inside the Excellence really does give a premium feel at night. Seat sound upgrade is pretty good. The bass was turned up to eleven and was the first thing the dealer showed me, had to look behind me just in case there was a thundering T-Rex. Easily on par with the Bose on the alfa. All the the clicks and rotations of levers and buttons is satisfyingly robust. Surprised about the full vision around the car , not quite a fighter jet canopy but as good as I've experienced. I love how black the cockpit is but I know some people don't like this. However, even on the top trim, I don't quite remember as many hard plastics on my test drive.

Glad we got the grey. Every colour was sitting at the dealership and that and the lava blue were, in my opinion, the best looking. Sorry to the clemetine guys, but the orange just doesn't sit right in our usual British overcastness.

I know all you guys love your photos, but the weather's been pretty rubbish. However, got a new dslr at Xmas so hopefully get some good shots over the next couple of days - just for everyone still excitedly waiting.

Money well spent.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it. I took the mid range down on equaliser since there was a bit too much treble from the centre speaker in the dash... picture on a thread, bit of shaping on the rest. I'm pleased with the Seat sound speakers. The bass (sub woofer) is deceptive since you don't really place it at the back. The dash centre speaker is also a bit of a bass speaker when you look at the technical manual. That's where the treble issue came from least with the Navigation Plus that too much treble was getting into it and the positioning listening spot didn't get rid of it. So basically I dropped the mid range and upped either end of the frequency range but keep the sub woofer on the mid point, that's the other slider.

Nice colour choice;).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The colour is always the hardest part. I haven't carried out any audio adjustments yet but I'll get it spot on in the next couple of days. The wife doesn't care though, she barely raised an eyebrow when I was demoing some French House music.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi Shug

nice to see you stick your head over the parapet :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it's good to break the forum seal Saggy.
My seat dealer didnt have half the knowledge that's flying around here. ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm thinking mine might be lurking by now on here.
I kept saying "on the forum it said" .... they now perhaps keep an eye on it themselves to keep up to date ! ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Think my orange ateca looks rather good on a winters day in Hull only colour for me

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Very nice. Bit like a Seat advert although they would remove the post behind. But she's looking good. I can see the warm tones work.

·
Registered
979 Posts
What post? ;)

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
Kindness71 said:
What post? ;)
Yours will be here soon, Kindness :)
Get pictures up ASAP - after all Samoa Orange is now a 'special paint' in the U.K. market and costs £650 !!! :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tbh the orange looks pretty nice there Lcchull.

I prefer it with the post though..........£650.....ouch!

·
Registered
918 Posts
shug371 said:
Tbh the orange looks pretty nice there Lcchull.

I prefer it with the post though..........£650.....ouch!
So says latest price list ! More expensive than metallic paint & I think an attempt by SEAT UK to reduce demand for that paint due to supply issues. If not that, they're taking a price advantage from popular demand :eek:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
ohhhh Kindness

if I send you some pics can you touch me up? :D

Lcchull ~ great pic ~ post or not.
How is it up there in the city of Culture ? :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Saggy said:
ohhhh Kindness

Sorry I'm good but not that good :twisted:

Kidding, you don't need touching up, well not in that way anyhow :oops: ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Saggy said:
ohhhh Kindness

Sorry I'm good but not that good :twisted:
lol I asked for that :mrgreen:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
ohhhh Kindness

·
Registered
237 Posts
Saggy said:
ohhhh Kindness

It's great don't think the council will let me put my car under the turbine blade on display at the moment but it's there till march I may get near it !

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Lcchull said:
Saggy said:
It's great don't think the council will let me put my car under the turbine blade on display at the moment but it's there till march I may get near it !
I saw a clip of them moving it into place last weekend
it looked like computer graphics ~ people kept commenting it wasn't real

I knew they were big but not that big !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts