Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one experienced this yet? Parked in Sainsbury's earlier this evening and noticed that the handbrake didn't engage first time and didn't respond to pulling the switch up. I had to turn the ignition on and off again before it engaged.

I used to get this from time to time with my Grand Picasso. These things seem to sort themselves out after re-booting. Annoying though.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It hasn't happened to me yet but I keep it on autohold and never touch it.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Same here Tell, I never touched it once yesterday!!
Wish you could perm disable stop/start though. Have never liked it.
My works van when you turn off, it stays off for ever.
Every time I restarted yest it was activated again..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I checked the manual this morning and I can't find anything to permanently turn it off. If I forget, then I hit the A cross button the moment I hear it do a restart, knowing I've forgotten then all is fine till text time I turn if off. I don't do stop start journeys in the main and it's silly at roundabouts. Reading the manual it's not suppose to do it when the engine is cold, mine did when I first left the garage picking it up, Easy solution if one remembers to hit the button before you set off.

Autowasher wipe there is another trick there if you want one wipe rather than going down through auto wipe to off and down again, you just click up, have the wipe and then go back down. One click, rather than two.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks. I did wonder whether there was a back door method. I haven't played with these interfaces. Any takers...

·
Registered
581 Posts
I was toying with getting a vcds from eBay and having a tinker to see what I could unlock.
Think I mentioned before, my mate did similar with his Zafira and accessed all sorts of options and extras that were not on his model, but could be opened up by a software fiddle..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Ghiggz, I'll follow in your footsteps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.