Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say a big happy launch day in the UK. Wishing all the buyers that will be collecting Ateca's over the weekend all the very best and good health to drive !! Be safe and enjoy :D :D :D

Ps don't forget to share pictures of your new baby :)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'm wondering whether Seat UK told the dealers that the weekend starts on Saturday mine wasn't doing test drives today, probably manning. I did get to sit in a 4x4 manual, getting the DSG. The leather seats were acceptable and they were not hot although the car was outside under its cosy. Finally got to play with the 360 degree camera. Did the virtual pedal trick.

I found a button the dealer didn't know what it did, right side, boot. It flashed and wouldn't stop when he pressed it. It was in fact the tow bar release. The boot won't open once this is triggered and not locked into place. It got kicked back under the car and all was well.

The dealer didn't know what the straps were for also in the boot, top right. Of course all followers of this board know that... the triangle retaining strap. No sign of the triangle mind you. Will have to think of another use for that strap. My triangle is in a long box.

Discussion point on where you put your ski s. That's through the drop down hole but he said no a customer said between lower left seat collapsed. I can not say I ski but you would be hard pressed to put them there. That was a 1" gap.

They had quite a few in for the launch, five, think they were up from the four they had told me about. Hadn't seen a Mato Brown one before took some pictures. Roduim Grey looks fine, my colour.

On boxes under the front seat the SE technology doesn't get one. Think probably only the Xcellence is kitted out with the box which you delete for the power driver seat. Don't assume the storage box is on all models, it isn't.

DAB you have, DAB you don't. Also DAB isn't on all UK models either. The dealer pointed that out. On the LHD demonstrator it wasn't on that which I thought was odd, the one doing the rounds earlier in the year. I think it was the technology it was off, so if DAB is important you need to carefully look at the PDF and brochure.

Partner approved which was just as well. Got treated as royalty by the dealer. He's throwing in mats. I didn't try the coupon trick, I think Seat UK may be wise to their terms and conditions. I just got to wait till October / November.

Will post some photos up here later on cars I saw today.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Here you go picture, Mato first then Rhodium Grey, latter is an Xcellence on 19".

·
Registered
979 Posts
During my test drive today I asked about the mats and he said all their models including the Ateca come with mats from the factory. Think your dealer might be pretending he is throwing them in for you Tell ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It did cross my mind. Wheeler dealer territory around here. I just take this name since that is what I was called when working in the East End.

Saves me a visit to Halfords to chop up my own mats. Although what were in the car were a bit small, I might prefer a bit larger matting with mixed carpet / rubber in it. I'll see, the stones and peddles drop of closer in rather than at the edge. As I muttered before good Altea owners found their Seat mats fell apart after six months wear, whilst mine from Halford with some carpet cutting skills went on for twelve years. You only need heavy duty scissors, a bit of chalk and a ruler. None of this poncy stuff. It's like laying bathroom carpet.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice pics (as always) Tell. Not sure on that brown myself. Anyone seen an orange in person yet? For the money I would hope matts were thrown in...

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Tell said:
DAB you have, DAB you don't. Also DAB isn't on all UK models either. The dealer pointed that out. On the LHD demonstrator it wasn't on that which I thought was odd, the one doing the rounds earlier in the year.
That was probably a Spanish spec car. They don't have DAB in Spain. They used to have it but everyone thought it was rubbish so they scrapped it. They still have loads of FM stations and everything is very regional.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I have a second chance on Monday where I'm staying there is a Seat garage 500 yards up the road, so I'm going to check out what they have in stock. Haven't seen a panoramic roof on one except the one back in Silverstone. The partner remarked how dark it was inside the Xcellence, the leather's black of course, the side doors and roof black, so a panoramic roof lightens it up a bit, but depends what you are use to. Pictures were on my tablet, I'll swap to a bridge camera on Monday for less wide angle effect (might get as good photo as our Swedish friend J :)).

The mato is indeed a light brown (you could call it gold if you wanted to perhaps), everyone to their own choice. An amusing point was when the guy pressed the wrong remote control and tailgate of the mato one that was wrapped, lifted it's tail gate. Two man job to get the cover back on again. They had five cars in, in total.

They are not big mats. If I go mad on Monday I could try and photograph every thing but they would get tired of the flash.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Malcster said:
Are there any sightings or photos of the standard Mediterranean Blue colour?
I took these today at my dealership with phone so not great but believe it is the Mediterranean Blue. The sales rep actually said it was lava blue but doesn't look like it to me.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That may well be Lava Blue, if metallic it's Lava Blue, if solid paint Mediterranean Blue. That's the rule of thumb. Looks metallic to me. I havent seen Mediterranean Blue in the flesh or for that matter Lava.

·
Registered
334 Posts
From what I have seen that looks like lava blue. Like tell said, I was under the impression med blue was more of a standard non metallic colour, think you could really tell the difference if they were side by side. I really like lava blue.

·
Registered
979 Posts
If it is they really need to get the colours right on the configurator. This is comparison pic of the two from the configurator with the top one med blue and the bottom lava blue. I swear it was nothing like the bottom one. :?

Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Actually looking at them here again and against the photos it doesn't look like the top one either. Maybe it does change depending on the light. Regardless which one it was, it looked great :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
We need to bring in JaEr who has a Lava Blue, he's probably out shooting elk....

It's the configurator that is wrong. Couple of things going on here the pictures have a standard reflection which the colour is painted on for the illustration. I think they are both wrong, too much reflection so the solid colour looks metallic and the colour on the configurator isn't a good representation of Lava Blue.

Probably Seat don't want to put the standard colour of Mediterranean Blue in the showrooms since more to be made by seducing you to another colour.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Fred99 said:
Tell said:
DAB you have, DAB you don't. Also DAB isn't on all UK models either. The dealer pointed that out. On the LHD demonstrator it wasn't on that which I thought was odd, the one doing the rounds earlier in the year.
That was probably a Spanish spec car. They don't have DAB in Spain. They used to have it but everyone thought it was rubbish so they scrapped it. They still have loads of FM stations and everything is very regional.
Looking at the SE Technology UK spec, suppose to have DAB it was this one that didn't so he said. The bottom of the range model doesn't have DAB in the UK. If all of this is true you probably need to be careful if you buy a demonstrator or have ordered an SE Technology model, it may not have DAB.

(Freddie, DAB is important here in the UK since the government wants to flog off the FM band for uses other than public broadcasting. Trigger point for plans was 50 percent of radios should have DAB. Car radios are considered to be a stumbling block.)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Couple of more from yesterday that escaped into the tablets memory.

First one you see the make up of the paint that causes the hue colours reflecting around the tow hook cover (they are not photographic pixels):

plus another side view:

Anyone got Magpies' Orange yet ?.

·
Registered
581 Posts
We didnt really like a lot of colours on the configurator and in the end went for the Silver.
In our local dealer last week, next to the Display Ateca there was a stand with little plastic cars about 10" long, sort of like remote control car shells, all painted in the various colours available, and most of them looked really nice in the flesh... A complete contrast to the configurator!!

I know most on here seem to have gone for the FE or Xcel, but for my interest I finally located some photos of the SE interior Nora blue cloth, as all I have seen until now was configurator CGI....

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw the orange in glasgow. Horrible colour in my opinion but each to their own!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Atecaim said:
I saw the orange in glasgow. Horrible colour in my opinion but each to their own!

I'm having a chuckle about that one Atecaim. I'm sure Magpie will enjoy it and the kids will love it and they will look back at the photo album in the future and say do you remember that orange car you had Dad.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.