Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Most folk on here appear to have gone for the Xcellence model, rather than upgrading an SE, which I can understand.

However, not being a fan of leather seats, or dark headlining, I made the decision to order a 1.4TSi SE, with the following additions:

Heated windscreen - including Convenience Pack

Park assist system with steering assist

Keyless enter and Go with deadlocks

Navigation system pack - Ateca

Metallic - Rodium Grey

(Details taken from my actual order form)

The total cost was less than going for one in Xcellence trim, although I accept that it will have17" wheels rather than 18", but I have included most of the extras I required.

The order actually went in last Thursday (8th December) and the estimated delivery date is currently shown as 01/05/2017 but this still has to be confirmed by SEAT.

Has anyone else gone for a similar spec. ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have an SE, mine is a salary sacrifice car so I was limited by co2, and I only had choice of two engines and two trims, 1.0tsi or 1.6tdi, either in S or SE..
Didn't take any gadget options, only paint and privacy rear windows..

At one point I thought i'd be the only SE on here but I think there are a couple now but you are right, the XL seems to be a popular trim level..
You do get good spec level for the money, but you do get forced leather, which is already a bone of contention with some on here!!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well I led my campaign against leather but if you wanted the Ateca in DSG form you had to have it in leather as far as the UK market is concerned, Ireland is more sensible, and obviously the rest of Europe. I suspect that summer months will be sticky. Pretty sticky driving back from Dover last night.

Did have a coffee wobble finding somewhere to put my mug so wasn't too bothered with spilling it on the leather seats or the bit of chocolate I seemed to get on the seat. Theory that Seat UK plan to sell on the PCP ones in three years time so leather for them is good since they can be cleaned down and sold on at auction. Personally I don't think it's customer demand but their bottom line when they get the cars back from three years of school runs and the like, that they will get a better mark up.

I would have had the bi wheels in 17" but they were not available for pre orders in July. You do get a go cart ride but I suspect you probably get most of that with 17" tyres. It is glued to the ground, isn't effected by wind or passing lorries, well that's how a 190 behaves on 18" wheels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like Ghiggz, I have mine as a company car. However I wasn't restricted on trims and could have chosen the excellence if I had wanted it. But instead I chose to go for the 1.0 SE like.

To be fair though, I find the cloth seats really comfortable and they seem like a wipe clean surface. I like the fact that I can still use sat nav from my phone (albeit using data) via full link.
I like the Daytime Running Lights and I'm not so fussed with not having the LED dipped headlights. It's got parking sensors on the rear and you can experience parking the car. Might sound weird but I have always loved parking and I love parallel parking so yet again park assist would have been an extra cost that I wouldn't really use.

All down to personal preference really.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Montala said:
Hi,

Most folk on here appear to have gone for the Xcellence model, rather than upgrading an SE, which I can understand.

However, not being a fan of leather seats, or dark headlining, I made the decision to order a 1.4TSi SE
One of the reasons we chose not to go for the Xcellence trim, price being the main reason, was avoiding the all black/dark interior and headlining.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Because I wanted 4wd DSG I had to go excellence ...... I was concerned about all black interior ..... so I got the red trims inside :mrgreen: lifts her a treat

·
Registered
328 Posts
Saggy said:
Because I wanted 4wd DSG I had to go excellence ...... I was concerned about all black interior ..... so I got the red trims inside :mrgreen: lifts her a treat
I know I'm considering having the Connect Blue interior trimming fitted but I'm worried it might look a bit tacky. Plus it isn't exactly cheap!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I went for the Excellence because of all the extras and the fact that I do so much mileage. However I am now concerned about all the concern being shown atriums the black headlining. I can't say I really noticed it when I took the test drive.
I love the leather seats purely for the fact that I can have the heater on! Nothing nicer on a cold dark morning than warming your bum up!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Don't worry about the black JLO. I like the theatre look from inside, it's dark and no distractions on visibility. The added bonus if you opted for the panoramic roof is that the shade is black so you can shut off light coming through there as well. The Tiguan I checked out the panoramic roof on had an opaque blind since the rest of the car had a light interior.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
JLO said:
I went for the Excellence because of all the extras and the fact that I do so much mileage. However I am now concerned about all the concern being shown atriums the black headlining. I can't say I really noticed it when I took the test drive.
I love the leather seats purely for the fact that I can have the heater on! Nothing nicer on a cold dark morning than warming your bum up!
I think you'll be fine :)

We're all used to black dash anyway and often pillars and you don't even notice the headlining :)

I haven't felt oppressed in it

I'd have been happy enough without the red as it happens with hindsight .... but it makes me smile and feels sportier lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
just missing 1 thing in my Exellence, THE COFFEE MACHINE!! :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I might be getting closer to a passenger footwell light.... although it's turning into a slow burn.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please keep us updated Tell... I will be interested to learn if anything is changed at all on models currently in production, or for those yet to be built!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think you are probably right, I probably won't even notice it. I shouldn't really be looking at the roof anyway when I am driving :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Montala said:
Please keep us updated Tell... I will be interested to learn if anything is changed at all on models currently in production, or for those yet to be built!
Mines a curious build since the Navigation Plus deleted the wireless charger which Seat acknowledged that a number of cars got built that way till they fixed it. Then I find I have no passenger footwell light which people in Germany have also identified. Seat UK say it's the first they have heard of that, but a month ago didn't recognise the tailgate control unit issue. It will be recognised when the technician agrees with me that no light is fitted. Personally I can't see how they can make such mistakes, I can since nobody was checking the UK build spec against what the Xcellence was suppose to have, but why build a fleet of Atecas with a missing footwell light.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've ordered a 1.6 tdi se technology ecomotive will let you know what I think when I pick the satsuma up on Friday can't wait

·
Registered
581 Posts
My only gripe so far of having the SE is the far less attractive headlights/DRL/indicators....
The full lens DRL on the XL look much better than the silly triangles I have...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ghiggz said:
My only gripe so far of having the SE is the far less attractive headlights/DRL/indicators....
I hadn't noticed that!

However I have gone for the additional full LED headlight option on my SE, so does that mean it will come with the 'more attractive' ones?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Montala said:
Ghiggz said:
I hadn't noticed that!

However I have gone for the additional full LED headlight option on my SE, so does that mean it will come with the 'more attractive' ones?

Thanks! :)
It will be the same as the Xcellence ones so yes.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ghiggz said:
It will be the same as the Xcellence ones so yes.
Thanks for the confirmation!

It was a fairly expensive 'extra', but one which I am pleased I went for, in the end.

That was actually something I hadn't even thought about!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts