Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for condensation to form in the lower part of the headlights ? both headlights have a band of condensation approx 2cm in height - I haven't seen (or perhaps noticed) this before on previous cars I have owned - has anyone else noticed this on their Ateca ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've had similar on some recent cars and it's because the headlight units were ventilated. I assume it's similar with the Ateca.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Get that on all 3 cars; headlights and fog lights/turning light on the Ateca, A3 and Polo! Sorts itself and only happens certain temperatures or times of year. Probably no need to worry :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great - thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

·
Registered
283 Posts
They shouldn't condense I had a warranty Claim on one headlight in my GTR replaced under warranty for the same issue and will be paying £600 as part of my service next week to replace the other that has had an escalating condensation problem and is now out of warranty.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Just went out to pick my daughter up, as I stepped out the security light came on and i instantly noticed spots and bands of condensation all along the bottom of both headlights..

A quick search shows it's probably nothing to be bothered about as per this thread..

AF to the rescue again!! ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
gavlar said:
Is it normal for condensation to form in the lower part of the headlights ? both headlights have a band of condensation approx 2cm in height - I haven't seen (or perhaps noticed) this before on previous cars I have owned - has anyone else noticed this on their Ateca ?
Happens a lot with my mk3 Leon, especially after a jetwash, think its just down to temperature difference & humidity, doesn't cause any problems and soon goes away, I think it's normal with LED's, I wouldn't worry ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Uggzy - that's reassuring. Must be something to do with the design. The condensation is actually on the inside of the protective cover of the headlight unit, not within the headlamp itself and as you say is probably nothing to worry about. Cheers !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts