Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone think the headrest is a little insubstantial? By that I mean, being able to feel the frame at the top if you press hard enough with the back of your head. With the leather it just feels like a super soft cushion.

Can imagine it hurting a bit if I were to have a sudden whip.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'm short
don't think I'd barely hit the head rest ;)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
and sudden whips do hurt .......... but can be pleasurable too ;) :oops:

I couldn't resist sorry :lol:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I started giving advice of making sure it was adjusted correctly but changed my mind. Basically the centre of the head is suppose to meet the middle of the headrest. Think the manual may say top inline with top of head. In an accident your head as in the centre cushions on the centre of the headrest. Not suppose to flip back over the top.

Oh dear Saggy's off... I thought you would be out offering comfort to the 100 fit solders up around your parts.... ummm.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I think 100 would be a bit extreme even for me Tell

surprisingly enough I'm a one man kinda gal ........

and I don't have any broken wires that need soldering ;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
..... offering comfort to the 100 fit solders up around your parts.... ummm.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
mcderms said:
Saggy said:

hahaahah I've always identified a bit with that character ~ and I've always loved that song ............. ad this one makes me sad

sorry Shug for kidnapping thread :oops:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
hahaahah I've always identified a bit with that character ~ and I've always loved that song ............. ad this one makes me sad

sorry Shug for kidnapping thread :oops:

.....and sorry, Shug, from me too :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All it takes is the right subject to set people off haha! You havent hijacked the thread guys, you've merely remoulded it into something better.

But my point still remains........I'm tall enough not for my head to sit nicely in the centre (and I have a big head) Due to a biking accident my physio has instructed me to constantly have my head against it when driving but this is the first car where I can physically feel the top of the frame in the 'head restraint'.

·
Registered
918 Posts
shug371 said:
All it takes is the right subject to set people off haha! You havent hijacked the thread guys, you've merely remoulded it into something better.

But my point still remains........I'm tall enough not for my head to sit nicely in the centre (and I have a big head) Due to a biking accident my physio has instructed me to constantly have my head against it when driving but this is the first car where I can physically feel the top of the frame in the 'head restraint'.
Shug - I'm sure a Tell is correct in that I believe the mid-point of any head rest should be level with your eye-level when seated properly. Think that was always the guidance in the manuals for my many Vauxhall over the years, at least :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
thanks for not being annoyed Shug

you should have seen the difficulty I had NOT commenting on the title of your other thread ;)

I really should get out more :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
thanks for not being annoyed Shug

you should have seen the difficulty I had NOT commenting on the title of your other thread ;)

I really should get out more :lol:
Great title for a thread that one ! Tried it, loved it, felt better afterwards :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
918 Posts
shug371 said:
Every time I post a new thread I'll reserve an area for the ' mcderms and Saggys debauchery panto' :eek:
Cheers, Shug :D

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
shug371 said:
Every time I post a new thread I'll reserve an area for the ' mcderms and Saggys debauchery panto' :eek:
it was even worse when Dougie was here too

I try really hard to be quiet and sensible ..........ony lasts an hour

I do also try to be welcoming and constructive at times too :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts