Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they just provide heat for le bottom? Wondering if they provide heat for back seat bit also?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It feels like two inches up your back but really the base only. The heat builds then lasts and you end up fiddling with it from 3 bar, 2 bar, 1 bar and off. Takes a driving time of a mile or so before you realise you have a hot bum. That March day down south with the black leather seat and sun on them I still felt uncomfortable after 45 minutes of driving. Still we must worship them.

Still I saw two buckets of mutton birds freshly killed being gutted today with a pile of hearts as a delicacy being put to one side. Blood everywhere. Mothers go out fishing and migrate, and the locals pull the chicks out of the nests and kill them. Sheerwaters. Still dislike Seat UK only offering leather seats. Least they don't present you with the cow hearts as an extra....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tell said:
It feels like two inches up your back but really the base only. The heat builds then lasts and you end up fiddling with it from 3 bar, 2 bar, 1 bar and off. Takes a driving time of a mile or so before you realise you have a hot bum. That March day down south with the black leather seat and sun on them I still felt uncomfortable after 45 minutes of driving. Still we must worship them.

Still I saw two buckets of mutton birds freshly killed being gutted today with a pile of hearts as a delicacy being put to one side. Blood everywhere. Mothers go out fishing and migrate, and the locals pull the chicks out of the nests and kill them. Sheerwaters. Still dislike Seat UK only offering leather seats. Least they don't present you with the cow hearts as an extra....
Perhaps you should sell your Ateca and source a Citroen 2CV. :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone finding the comfort seats uncomfy?
Or had any back issues- may just be me as new car and after 4 and bit driving of Mazda 6 perhaps?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Furious11 said:
Or had any back issues- may just be me as new car and after 4 and bit driving of Mazda 6 perhaps?
Seats on the Ateca (and most VAG products) are quite hard - I prefer them like that but appreciate that others may find it uncomfortable

Must say lumber isn't brilliant tho - there doesn't seem many stages to it - it's either full on or off. Much prefered the air-pump style lumbar I used to have in my VW and Audi's.

Back to the original question - I too find my lower back warm when the heater is on - lovely jubbly :cool:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I like it hard furious :)

And besides a warm arse my lower back warms too :mrgreen:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all - these must use heaps of battery so how long to use would you advise when driving (short distances?) or when parked up at all? Does ignition have to be on / car running?

Sorry for so many stupid questions but the step up from bicycle / 72 vw camper is a biggie (also scary!)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I'd put them on with engine running to keep the charge up. I seem to recall they are on a timer. I'd have to go into odbeleven and check. Some people frig it so they come on automatically when you start the engine. Summers would get hot. Yours will on non leather seats so I reckon you would feel the heat pretty fast. Really once the seat is warm you don't need them on since they become uncomfortable if the heating elements are the same as the leather based ones. I know this question revolves around your mother's arthritis as I recall so. I reckon she won't chill down once the seats are heated up.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Saggy said:
Did you use your heated seats to keep your KFC warm?
Of course, doesn't everyone?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Furious11 said:
Seats on the Ateca (and most VAG products) are quite hard - I prefer them like that but appreciate that others may find it uncomfortable

Must say lumber isn't brilliant tho - there doesn't seem many stages to it - it's either full on or off. Much prefered the air-pump style lumbar I used to have in my VW and Audi's.

Back to the original question - I too find my lower back warm when the heater is on - lovely jubbly :cool:
Lumbar is highly adjustable with the electric drivers seat

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
AndyE14 said:
You will be first on here if you have the Ateca with it. Does it have memory saving position. That was the question when it first came out but then withdrawn from sale. The view was it didn't which watered down its use for multiple drivers.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Tell said:
AndyE14 said:
You will be first on here if you have the Ateca with it. Does it have memory saving position. That was the question when it first came out but then withdrawn from sale. The view was it didn't which watered down its use for multiple drivers.
No it doesn't have memory which is a bit of a pain in the arse but then my GTR that cost 3 times as much doesn't have it either.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
That's good to know. I opted not to go that route to keep the understorey drivers box although I do get back pain from time to time. At that stage I thought I would be getting the passenger box, nope. I don't think the Xcellence seats give the same bucket style side support as my old Altea sport seats did which gives me backache from time to time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think I have cooked my kidneys with my heated seats! They are on almost permanently cause I am a nesh bogga!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Saggy said:
Golfmk56 said:
Saggy said:
Did you use your heated seats to keep your KFC warm?
Of course, doesn't everyone?
Yes!!
Countless time's i've used my heated seats to keep a family bucket warm! :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone had the heated seats on, as mine do not switch off, most cars i have had in the past reduce heat output every ten minutes, the Ateca just seem to keep at whatever setting the are on, Manual does not give any indication of a timer either ???

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Not previous VAG cars I guess. If they were then there would be a VCDS code to do it. I didn't find anything on a Google.

These just stay put on the setting that you select, toggles from 3 bar, 2 bar etc and back too off. There is a mod which brings it onto the last heater level selected rather than pressing through the levels. Basically you have to fumble to put it off once you have had enough heat. Nothing clever. The windscreen heaters and mirrors are timed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Golfmk56 said:
Furious11 said:

I don't think it is the hardness- in fact they sometimes feel soft on press! I am just finding them not as supportive on the ass.
Other than that they have good side support and sufficient thigh support (when pushing accelerator)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts