Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having picked up my 1.4 ateca xcellence just over a week ago , I am very pleased with the car , everything I'd hoped for . The only thing that bugs me is that I specked it with a heated windscreen and you can see like small brownish orangey squares on the screen , is this right? I even asked my dealer about this but didn't get a straight answer. Having come from a Skoda Octavia with a heated screen which didn't have these squares , I'm just trying to find out if my car is ok .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes these are right, they are squiggly lines that round down your screen.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
They say you get use to it... I did.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pollycp13 or Tell can you make a picture and show us?

I ordered that too but can still change my mind.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Mine has the squiggly lines down the screen but I cant say that I have seen any "small brownish orangey squares on the screen" as you put it? A photo would be good if possible to compare :?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Pollycp13 Did you get this sorted as mine definitely doesn't look like you described. Here's a pic of my screen. Not sure if it will show up on here :)

Window Building Grey Wall Material property

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
You will get used to it... you dont look at the window but on the road and when moving my head those lines are not that visible. Its worth the comfort in winter.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Of course that picture shows them in focus, normal vision they aren't in focus when you are looking into the distance. You are aware that they there. Bit like having a slight net curtain I would guess. I could see people who need glasses may have an issue with them since their eyes would not be knocking them out of focus as they should do.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
Of course that picture shows them in focus, normal vision they aren't in focus when you are looking into the distance. You are aware that they there. Bit like having a slight net curtain I would guess. I could see people who need glasses may have an issue with them since their eyes would not be knocking them out of focus as they should do.
I hope they aren't driving then :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Eh, no Tell, people with glasses don't end up focusing differently! They just help bring it back to a 'norm'. Distance focusing is still the same, just because you're wearing glasses doesn't end up with you focusing near and far at the same time. To see the wires in the windscreen, you have focus on the windscreen, just the same as anyone who doesn't wear glasses would. :ugeek:

I'm with Saggy on this one - if you are focused on the wires then you shouldn't be driving :!: or you'll end up totally reliant on the Atecas superb safety systems slamming brakes on all the time.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Well I got one eye normal vision and one eye short sighted. I don't need to wear glasses for driving so obviously I see one without the wires and one with the wires if I close either eye. But the since I got floaters in both eyes now everything is a mush of moving patterns but it's still all fine according to the optician for driving without glasses, two tests in the last year with a private optician. The heated windscreen is the least of the visual disturbance. I'm still good at spotting 4ft venomous snakes at close range which the partner missus hiking in OZ so I'm not bothered, the odd large car I'll see. I was worried that my snake spotting abilities would be reduced as the eyes detuned visual disturbance but no.

I ordered the car with no floaters and heated windscreen. Got the car with floaters in one eye, which then progressed to two in two months.... still the front assist if all fails :). Bit of a carry on.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Silly question maybe but how do you operate the heated windscreen? The only car I have used it on before had a button to turn it on, the Ateca doesn't seem to have yet as per the picture it is obvious our car has the windscreen heating elements. The manual doesn't seem to explain how it is used.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It comes on automatically. Alternatively, for example if you have condensation on the window but it's too warm for the heated screen to come on automatically, press the setup button on the heating controls, then look at the touch screen. There 's an icon on the left to turn on the heated front screen

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts