Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Heated Windscreen Question

11K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tell 
#1 ·
In my Yeti there is a button on the heating controls area ~ simple to push when needed

Today, dog walk, hot dogs, windows misting, press of the button and the front clears without needing full blowers on

I think I read someone say the setting for the Ateca is on the touchscreen somewhere?

Is it a setting you can alter whilst driving? I presume some car setting menus close when on road to avoid distraction (like altering clock).
It isn't a setting of its either on or off at all times is it? :)

It is a button I press a surprising amount :lol:

#2 ·
Until we find someone who has got the car with heated windscreen we only have the technical manual which says accessed via the infotainment, page 57 of the SSP 163 manual. No VW don't appear to do safety locks on their screens when in motion. I suspect you keep it toggled on perhaps. I've seen talk of automatic setting as well.

I suspect you press a heating related button and the screen pops up. Anybody who can get this screen and do something with it whilst driving will prove it works. So we don't really need to find someone with the heated windscreen to check I reckon. Just the ease of getting the screen up. Even do what the manual says :).

To access the settings for these systems, press the
'Setup' button on the Climatronic controls.

Attachments

#3 ·
thanks Tell

I couldn't find it in the manual I was looking at

and kicking myself now ...... been to dealers today for a catch up and to drop list of the red trims in and totally forgot to look at this when there !!

got distracted by drop kicking ~ I couldn't do it !!
also they looked a bit sideways at me when I said about issues some were having with needing to unlock first ..... and then we tried that many times different ways that lost track of what did and didn't work

also couldn't get the answer you wanted either on boot floor height ~ was a 4wd excellence but manual and no extra sound

I've also shot myself in the foot a bit ~ build date is week after next so should get her before xmas .............. I said I was going to collect her wearing a santa outfit lol

has now ended up as a bet ..... I've said if I do they have to give me a red key fob for xmas ;) :lol:

#4 ·
I believe Ernieb has a heated windscreen - he's mentioned that it works well in the faults and technical area.

Ernie - any chance you could help us with this - I am wondering how it works as well. Thanks

#5 ·
Ernie is keeping a low profile at the minute he has a Yeti at the minute like Saggy. Think his conquest in life was the 7 seater Skoda, the Canadian misspelt bear, Kodiaq.... Think Dunn Vag may have heated windscreen in his new Ateca, but anyone being able to drop into that screen whilst moving will have answered Saggy's question since that is an additional icon that you toggle on and off. Seem to me you hit the Setup button shown on the image above, that's a hot key that will flip up that screen - perhaps. The main manual refers to page 29 which seems a laborious way of doing it. I know Kindness tried to find out how the switching worked for the heated windscreen and the only documentation is in the self taught technical training manual for employers of Seat !.

Dunn Vag will have the answer to our 1-2" gap in the boot drop. His is a manual 4Drive ours is the automatic but the same floor.

Same as my Silverstone picture with the slight drop.

It just only effects me since I have to pull my chiller box forward to open the lid in my Altea so I don't crash the bags into to the parcel shelf when lifting up. May be the high is greater so I'll be fine. Saggy's dogs drop an inch or so down when getting in.

#7 ·
Press the settings button on the climate control and there will be an activation button on the touch screen.

#8 ·
After time passed and we got our cars...

The debate is whether it's automatic or not after you start fumbling with the heater element button on the screen. I had a period when I use to think I needed to switch it on when it was on. Generally you don't need to touch it since it comes on automatically based on temperature. To get at the fumble controls it's A/C setup then the heated coil icon as the picture above. If you fumble it, it toggles between one with a red line around it and one without. The one above should be as the picture, that just does the air vents. You don't need to touch these controls in general. Certainly toggling that when cold turns the heated windscreen on and off.

So normal operation when you get in and it's cold is to turn on the front blower and the rear heater, don't touch anything else, don't go into the A/C menu you don't have to. I have elicited the times and temperatures the cars uses on these settings. See here:

http://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=696

When triggered on automatic the front runs for 4 mins. I'm assuming the trigger is the 4'c ice warning. Taking the 35'C as max temperature cut off in the decode on the link. May be if it's warmer than the automatic trigger temperature and you have condensation then fumbling with the controls comes in and the red rectangular icon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.