Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else with heated windscreen installed finding that it causes any kind of noise or interference in the cabin when operated? Never had this installed in a car before, but doesn't seem right to me. Seems intermittent too. Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dougie - sounds a bit like a 'buzzing' noise; kind of thing a bit like electrical current or induction noise...maybe a noisy relay, if it has one??? .gonna keep an eye on it though. Don't see why it would be any different to the heated rear window, which is fine.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have read stuff on other forums - not Ateca or SEAT for that matter - where maybe the cars were older (Blue Oval, if you catch me :? ) and it was put down to alternator load / drive belts being old. Can't be the case here, but these are new cars and many folks on here are either having different technical issues, or just getting used to how these cars work. Not gonna get worked up about it yet - but up here in a Scottish winter it can expect to see a fair bit of action; could drive me nuts if it doesn't settle down.....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ooh....have not had a heated windscreen before so didn't realise the annoying buzz was not normal! Despite noise, am loving the super quick windscreen clear when taking my dgt to the bus stop in the morning.
Car is booked into the garage this morning so will add heated windscreen to the faults list.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
buzz? :shock:

ford and skoda heated windscreens NEVER buzz :shock:

·
Registered
42 Posts
No issues with noise on mine - perhaps you should get it checked

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
RuthB said:
No issues with noise on mine - perhaps you should get it checked
Relieved to hear that :)
Was starting to fear was a brand thing lol

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Sounds a bit like arcing on a connection one suspects. Mine seems fine.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Heated screens do have relays in their circuits. They're usually located near the fuse box area. When you switch the H/S on, check if the buzzing is around that location. It's possible that there is a bad earth connection.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've had 5 or 6 Ford's with heated windscreens in the past and I've never had one make a funny noise.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi,

I have an Ateca ordered with the heated windscreen. please can someone who has received their Ateca and has this option fitted confirm how you activate the heated windscreen as there doesn't seem to be any spare buttons for it?!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi Jonny

Apparently it comes up on the display screen to select

Touch something on the usual controls and the screen swaps to the heating controls and then button there

I did wonder as I'm used to a button button

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks Saggy!

I didn't think any of the heating controls on the Ateca showed up on the display? That would be a massive plus if they do.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You press setup, the lower ring of the a/c round thing, not the top which is AC from memory. This then present with a screen over on the left middle is the wires symbol. Stab around there and you hear the engine change tone as the heater takes the power. It's undocumented but they are supposed to tell you. When I say undocumented it appears in a VW training manual I found on a Russian site.

Tap on this for the manual

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ateca+Technical+Info+pps_seat_163_seat_ateca_eng&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=6Ek7WJmSNuLR8gf66pqQCA

Take the first PDF. Kindness then found it after I published the manual. This is the page below, you see the centre lower edge of the aircon button gives you that screen and over on the left are the coils. You know it's working by the engine changing tone.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.