Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight needed the heated wing mirrors. The manual is very thin on how they operate. Just says put on the symbol, however on a Skoda site it says the position of the knob does different heating things:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/180555-heated-wing-mirrors-operation/

Any Skoda ex owners experimented with the Skoda way of doing it. 9 o'clock, 11 o'clock

Bang them off when the mirrors demist I guess... rather than leaving them set to the heated position ?. It's going to be the same on Leon.

The heated windscreen worked really well.... that one was a success and the car drove well didn't hit the emergency brakes for the big deer on the side of thd road and the three youths dressed in black walking down the middle of an A road in the dark. It is Essex. Would have been a good test.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I've found Adam and it does your nozzles as well. That's a VW car but sure the same. Bet that isn't mentioned in the manual.

So one assumes you bang it off when you think you have had enough.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No and it doesn't mention in the manual how the heated nozzles work although there are loose additional pages which may or may not cover stuff not in the PDF. Might have helped someone who was thinking the nozzles were automatic if their car comes with them.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I leave mine set to heated all year as clears rain too

Some people say to do that

Some people say burns the elements out and expensive to replace so switch on and off once clear

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was condensation I was trying to get rid. Think if it heats the nozzles as well where fitted probably best to keep it for when you need it. I did see threads about the repair of mirror heating elements. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The nozzles work independently

The work with ignition and ambient temperature

Nothing to do with heated mirrors

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
The nozzles work independently

The work with ignition and ambient temperature

Nothing to do with heated mirrors

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
No and it doesn't mention in the manual how the heated nozzles work although there are loose additional pages which may or may not cover stuff not in the PDF. Might have helped someone who was thinking the nozzles were automatic if their car comes with them.
I know I answered above but if you need proof Tell

Page 139 of manual ....

And be wary of forum posts 6 years old when tecnokogy moves as it does

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the 12 o'clock diagram was loony on that thread but the VW video was right. Eg. Only one position is on and that's at the icon.

If the manual text

Heated windscreen washer jets
The heating only thaws the frozen jets, it
does not thaw the water in the washer hoses.
When the ignition is switched on the heated
windscreen washer jets automatically adjust
the heat depending on the ambient tempera-
ture.
Means it turns off the heating when not required I could see you could still leave them on, only effecting the heating elements in the wing mirrors on wear and tear.

Latest is I've lost Blind Assist, seems Lane assist is linked to ACC. Turning off Lane Assist turns of ACC (it says it's off when Lane Assist is toggled off and you check the menu) but that also turns off Blind Assist. No noises from cars sweeping by at the same junctions today as before and at any other time since toggle it. Put Lane Assist back on see whether I get Blind Assist tomorrow. Bit weird if Lane Assist toggling to off knocks out Blind Assist and ACC.

Interested in anybody finding the same. Means I have to wrestle with the steering wheel (how Lane Assist works) if I want to Blind Assist working, all others on the drop down are toggled to on. Feels like a programming bug to me.

I'll go with a main thread if I confirm this.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:
Tell said:
I know I answered above but if you need proof Tell

Page 139 of manual ....

And be wary of forum posts 6 years old when tecnokogy moves as it does
Stop humouring him!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm ignoring. When I read the first bit of the text in the manual I lost interest before the important stuff.

Dyslexia, I find things on word searchs but not in the text by reading.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tell said:
I'm ignoring. When I read the first bit of the text in the manual I lost interest before the important stuff.

Dyslexia, I find things on word searchs but not in the text by reading.
Whatever Tell but don't ignore facts and insist you are right and mislead people

The heated wing mirrors have bugger all connection to heated washer nozzles

Did dyslexia make you buy leather ?

JOKE !!! :lol:

Don't be surprised when people bite back at you and don't be surprised when banter and Micky taking happens on an open forum

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes but it's on the same switch. Did you miss that ?. And should you be bantering here ?.

On the heaters for the wing mirror and nozzle it's whether you do what you suggest keep the switch on all the time or as you said what others say risk the heater elements in the mirrors. The other text may suggest that there is a thermostat in the nozzles so it's not important on that one. My point.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It isn't on the same switch

It is automatic, it will happen whether the bloody switch is turned to 9, 11 or midnight

The nozzles warm when ignition is turned on if it is cold enough

You'd rather believe a 6 year old forum thread about a different car and a YouTube clip by some random bloke than the SEAT manual

There is no point even trying to discuss things with you

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.