Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was changing the position of the blower vents on the right hand side of the info screen, the knob came off in my hand, :eek: went back to dealer, have to order in part, you cannot have just the knob it has be the entire surround that includes the other vent, good job as i was cleaning today after trip out yesterday and that one come off in hand as well :eek: , so tried the other two and did not want to be too heavy handed but the passenger one near the door came off :eek: , drivers side appears to be ok ?? not sure if it is a one off issue or a manufacturer fault ? the switch comes apart leaving the adjuster part in the vent and it looks like the retaining clips that snap into each other are very brittle and just snap off with no pressure,
Just thought i would post to see if anyone else had this issue or for you to check yours

·
Registered
778 Posts
Will check when I get my car - suspect you were unlucky (not read about anyone else experiencing these issues).

You got any pics to show the fault / dodgy clips? Would be a good reference for others :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I darent try incase I break them lol

·
Registered
931 Posts
atecapad said:
Was changing the position of the blower vents on the right hand side of the info screen, the knob came off in my hand, :eek:
Just thought i would post to see if anyone else had this issue or for you to check yours
Ooh matron !!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please see pic of heater vent, i now have three failures :x
Automotive tire Rectangle Tire Gadget Electric blue

Dealer has parts on order :D

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hope they come a lot quicker than it took for a replacement instrument binnacle for mine (4 months).

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thanks for the pic :)

Hopefully you'll get the replacement soon - it's most likely a faulty batch rather than faulty design, but going to take a good look / test when I pick my Ateca up just to be sure :)

Should come fairly quickly though as there's no complex electronics of stuff like that - it's "just" plastic (not meant in a derogatory sense).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Atecapad,
My wife borrowed my Ateca, let my daughter sit in the front, and it came back to me with broken vents too. Needless to say I wasn't pleased!
Glad to see it may be a parts issue, so will contact my local dealer and see what they can do. Did they offer to put this right under warranty, or did they see it as misuse?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just lost the knob from the vent on the right hand side of info screen this morning. Seems to be becoming a common problem now?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Gtk4 said:
Just lost the knob from the vent on the right hand side of info screen this morning. Seems to be becoming a common problem now?
3 reports now :shock: for such a basic part you wouldn't have expected to had this issue.

Atecapad, PompeyVin and Gtk4 - When did you get your cars? (Were they all delivered in, say, April...?) Just wondering if there's a dodgy batch or if this is an issue (3 confirmed out or X,000 registrations is still very small, but want to start building a picture).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update on parts,
Dealer now has the centre two vents in but still waiting for the passenger side they forgot to order :x , once parts come in they will have car in to fix all being done under warranty :) , i have had the car since April and now done about 5600 miles
I have played with the drivers side vent as this is the only one not broken still no issues yet but will get dealer to check

the part looks similar to the vents on the skoda and Tiguan just wondered if they had any issues ???

will post when repair is done

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ok, so one if February, one April - not likely a faulty batch unless a very large batch!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
car i bought was a dealer showroom car so it could have been built earlier i will check build sticker under boot floor that should give me the date

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just checking back in - mine was delivered 17th Feb, not sure on the build date. Only one vent broken on mine, left side of the centre two. Haven;t had a chance to speak to the dealers yet, but positive to hear you got it under warranty atecapad

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hmm... will have to add it to the pick-up check-list for the car!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just had this on my passenger side...but mine is ex seat managers. 66plate I brought it recently

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine are broken too. One each side of the display screen.
Doesn't bother me much but I'll try and get it done under warranty when the next service is due.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts