Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

It's my first post on here as we had our 1.4TSi Xcellance delivered on Friday.

It's a bit of a change from our previous car, a 2015 Discovery, but first impressions are very good. 馃榾

One thing I can't work out is whether we have a parking / pre heater? This feature was fantastic in winter on the Disco and would be great to have again.

Registered
Hiya!

Not sure I follow what a parking / pre heater is, sounds like a feature that would start the engine and warm up the car for you before you leave the house?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes that's right. It is very handy in defrosting the screen and providing instant warm air on a sub zero morning.

It's referred to in various Ateca brochures and within the owners handbook but I can't find it in the climate menu so don't think I have it. But equally I can't find which option it would be on either.

G

kee said:
Hiya!

Not sure I follow what a parking / pre heater is, sounds like a feature that would start the engine and warm up the car for you before you leave the house?
Hi! A parking heater is an option here in Sweden and I have it in my Ateca. It does not start the car engine it is a fuel driven heater that acts on its own to heat upp the cars heating system.

You can read more about the parking heater system here. The parking heater in the Ateca is made by Webasto: https://www.webasto.com/gb/markets-products/car/retrofit-parking-heater/

Registered
icy icy (hehe)

Yes I remember reading about such a feature on other cars, but living in London it's pretty rare to require such a feature, though I admit it sounds nice for the few weeks when it is frosty.

How much are these systems to fit as an aftermarket option? Unless I've missed it, it's not an option on the Ateca in the UK.

Registered
kee said:
icy icy (hehe)

Yes I remember reading about such a feature on other cars, but living in London it's pretty rare to require such a feature, though I admit it sounds nice for the few weeks when it is frosty.

How much are these systems to fit as an aftermarket option? Unless I've missed it, it's not an option on the Ateca in the UK.
Yep, sadly not an option in the UK. Living on the South London borders myself I doubt we'll ever need it. OP may be different though. Don't think you can fit it easily as an after-market option though as it will have to tap into the fuel system to work (messy, expensive).

Friend of mine lives in Winnipeg, Canada though where they normally plug their cars in to stop icing up in -40C chills. He paid something like 拢400 to fit 'Remote Command' where it fires up the engine and puts heating on full blast by remote control. You're more likely to get something like that on the after-market if you're interested.

BTW, welcome to the forum Radders!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts