Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Ordered yesterday, Ateca XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI DSG-auto 4Drive 190 PS 7-speed DSG-auto, Reflex Silver. Extras are the space saver spare wheel, and the heated windscreen. I also included the paintwork, alloys and interior protection. I have been quoted a 31st March delivery, but warned it could slip into early April. Really looking forward to it.

Found this site really useful so far.

Keith

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the forum keith, anything you want to know about the Ateca just ask on here and someone will have the answer for you. Picked mine up Wednesday all good so far. :p

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I hope you don't get any slippage on the date but a three month order period would put it in mid April. I'm sure they said you would get all the deals if they missed the date. (like the discount).

You will find the 190 will go like a rocket although I keep my speed down in the UK.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi Kam

good choice of engine ;)

welcome to the forum

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the club Kam :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update for anyone who may be interested. I phoned Seat Customer Services and have been given a provisional build date of Week 8 (20 February), which will put me on course for a late March delivery. They did warn that it could accelerate or slip! So hedging their bets!

I have also been having doubts about my colour choice (Reflex Silver). It's a popular colour, but there just seem so many silver cars on the road, and I have a feeling the Ateca looks better in darker colours?

Long story short, I have asked the dealers if I could change the colour to Rodium Grey without affecting delivery times unduly. They didn't seem particularly impressed, but agreed to phone Seat to see if it could be done. Still awaiting a response.

Grateful for thoughts, particularly on the colour.

Kam

·
Registered
189 Posts
Colour's so subjective, I'm not a fan of silver cars anyway mostly (with a few exceptions like classic soft-top Mercedes...) but I don't think there's a duff colour for Atecas. We were looking at the Rodium, but our other car's a similar shade and the next door neighbours' new Audi is a dark grey also, so we went with the Lava Blue, which is one of those 'is it blue or green or what?' colours, and it's stunning in sunlight/when clean, haha. I do like the orange, the red's not exactly my favourite shade but looks well enough on the car, black always makes a statement and white is white...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks trogette . I totally agree that colour is subjective. I like the Lava Blue, it is a lot darker in the 'flesh' than in the official online colour guides. I do like silver, but confess I had one eye on the eventual sale, or trade in as well. As it happens, it Is academic for me. The dealer advised today that they had contacted Seat and it was too late to change my colour choice, so Reflex Silver it is.

I suspect I am being fobbed off, but as I said, I like Silver.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Kam99 said:
Update for anyone who may be interested. I phoned Seat Customer Services and have been given a provisional build date of Week 8 (20 February), which will put me on course for a late March delivery. They did warn that it could accelerate or slip! So hedging their bets!
Kam, after reading your initial post I contacted my dealer today. He's confirmed I too have been given a provision build date of week 8. I ordered two days before you (likely 1 as it was a Sunday so believe they placed the order on the Monday).

The other good news I was given (after now having a build date) is Seat have stated (to the dealer), up to build week 8, vehicles will be delivered by end of March.

Those timelines seem to follow the deliveries that some of the other most recent recipients of the Ateca had (built X week, delivered 4 weeks later).

Good news all round!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rojam,

Many thanks and very interesting. I ordered from the dealer on 13 January. Seat Customer Services confirmed this, but said that my order wasn't sent through until the 17th.

Whilst I don't want delivey before March so as to get the 17 plate, I would like it before the 1st April because of the road tax changes.

At the moment, Customer Services seem straighter than my dealers.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Everyone once again overlooking my colour which is fine by me as I think mine is quickly becoming the most exclusive colour of Ateca on the road and I absolutely love it! :-D :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Emailed my sales executive for an update on delivery this morning, no reply.

I phoned the dealership at lunchtime to be told that only my sales person could update me and it was his day off.

I phoned Seat Customer Services who were very helpful. My car has been built, and us in transit between the factory in the Czech Republic, and the port. They advised me to phone back next Wednesday, when it should be on the ship, and they could give me a more accurate delivery date.

Impressed with Seat, less so with my dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update from Customer Services. Car arrived in the UK yesterday evening, Port of Tyne. Awaiting being scanned off ship. March delivery guaranteed. Should be with dealer in 7 to 10 days.

Does any one know if the glass coat protection is done at the factory or in the UK?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Kam99 said:
Update from Customer Services. Car arrived in the UK yesterday evening, Port of Tyne. Awaiting being scanned off ship. March delivery guaranteed. Should be with dealer in 7 to 10 days.

Does any one know if the glass coat protection is done at the factory or in the UK?
Not too long to wait now hopefully! :)

The 'glass coat' protection will almost certainly be done by your dealer, here in the UK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Many thanks. That makes sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.