Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. My wife and I have decided to order an Ateca. It will be a bit of a change from the Honda Accords that we've had for the last few cars but we're quite excited by the change! Has anyone else moved from a similar saloon to Ateca- how did you find it?

We're going for the 1.4 petrol in Xcellence trim. I do like leather seats and a few toys. I'm planning to add in electric drivers seat, top view camera and electric tailgate. Without the latter my wife wouldn't be able to close the boot because she is not very tall. Are any of those options a waste of time or a gimmick?

We are thinking maybe lava blue but we haven't seen one. Those of you with lava blue, does it look good? We're not flashy so really wouldn't want the Samoa colour. I've had loads of silver cars so want something different. Don't like black.

Many thanks
H

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Top view is very good for parking removes faffing around. Blind spot but not listed is handy. I love the tailgate. Haven't got the electric seat. That's a fairly recent option that they started to fit after a production delay. Some posters have it on here. You loose one small storage box with it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Lava blue is great, the reason I didn't get it was simply that our Seat Leon which we have kept, was very similar and it's a lovely colour.
I don't have electric seats but I'm sure someone has said on here that you are unable to save the settings so would have to set it up each time you drive IF another person has driven the car since with different settings.
I'm sure someone will confirm if I'm right but this may have a bearing on your decision to spend the extra money.
Bill

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both. I've decided to drop the electric driver's seat option. I'll save myself £250 and the dealer said (as you did Tell) that there had been production problems/delays with it. Still dithering on colour. I would like to see Lava Blue in real life ideally. I'd probably go safe with Rodium Grey but my other half thinks it too dull - preferring white or silver. I don't want white because it will look grubby most of the time with my (lack-of) car-washing regime. Silver is a safe compromise but 3 out of my last 4 cars have been silver and fancy a change.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've seen the lava blue in the showroom and must admit it looks stunning. I'm just not the type of person to go for such colours and in my opinion a black car's prestige lasts longer YET when I saw both the lava blue and the Rhodium grey in the showroom I started to get serious thoughts on going for one of those. Tough choice!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've had a lot of compliments on the lava blue. It's a great colour, and tends to change shade depending on lighting - in very bright direct sunlight it reflects a quite bright turquoise, in other lighting conditions it will shade through various colours in the dark blue/turquoise to grey-blue part of the spectrum. The only slight downside is that (IMO) it tends to show the dirt a bit. But that's by comparison with our previous cars which were various shades of grey, silver and very dark metallic green!

Like Tell, I love the electric tailgate and the virtual pedal - which works both to open the boot and to close it again afterward. I'd consider the top view camera a must-have.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hmm, I may have been doing something wrong, but when I looked at the top view camera in the dealership, the view I felt was very distorted. I know it needs to be fish eyed to cover the whole car, but it just seemed a little too distorted for my tastes. Instead I went with the rear view camera as the basic must have.

Agree power tailgate is a very nice "premium" feature that just makes you feel good when using it. Another benefit is that if you lose your car in the car park, you can get the car to put it's hand up!! :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ateca ordered this morning. Yesterday afternoon, we visited a dealer who had a Lava Blue car in stock and we both liked the colour. It had just rained and the car was beside a busy road, so probably wasn't looking at its best. There were mucky rain drops on it, so I will have to clean it from time to time but not as much as a white car :) . It was a darker colour than I expected and wasn't as bold a choice as I thought it might be. So quite happy.

Now I join the long wait .... 12 to 17 weeks estimated by the dealer.

Spec - as per above. 1.4 Petrol manual Xcellence in Lava Blue, with power tailgate and top view camera.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the waiting club! :)

Must admit, I'd discounted the Lava Blue when looking at brochures, but having seen pics here I really do like it - great choice :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Congratulations!

I ordered 3 days before you, let's have a race! Hehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts