Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to forums so I apologise now before I make the mistakes!

I collect my new Ateca XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150 PS 6-speed manual in Rodium Grey this Saturday from Kendal Seat. I am considering taking out a 3 year service plan to save costs and maintain the warranty but as I average 18K miles annually, how this would work? The service plan on the Seat website states a service every 10K miles or annually.

My previous car (Seat Leon) was due a service every 9K miles so if this is the case with the Ateca then with my annual mileage I would require 6 services in 3 years. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi Linda - currently in your nevk of the woods on way to Darlington today; having a break at Southwaite.

Check with your dealer what service regime the car was built with; it is an PR option code (e.g. QI6 is long life service of 20k miles between oil change) and is detailed in the Service Manual page 6.

Ours is a company lease and left the factory as a long life service (uses special synthetic oil); but I am still an oil change every 10k kind of guy, so I may still get intermediate oil changes done in case I buy st end of lease.

The oil service regime can be switched between long life and time/distance provided the correct oil is used. I took my A3 off long life and the workshop just change the setting on the service indicator to match.

Hope this helps! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.