Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I stumbled across this site having just ordered an Ateca today. So glad I did on both fronts. Hoping to learn and share experiences. Sadly I am complete novice so may need your help if that's ok :D .

I didn't order a heated windscreen is there anyway that can be fitted after purchasing? also any idea whats the best way to use an iPhone for sat nav purposes through the Ateca without incurring massive roaming charges as I travel to the UK a good bit?

finally and currently the biggest worry is that I just picked up a thule 700 alpine touring roof box but looks massive in length (230cm). Any tips on whether this will be ok on the Ateca roof and the other queries would be greatly appreciated as I have googled all without success.

Best regards

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi

I was in your neck if the woods last weekend .... well the airport at least lol

Heated windscreen - doubt can add after but ring dealer Monday and they can add to order I suspect

Other two bits I've no idea sorru

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Saggy

I hope you weren't here during the Stormy weather, which wasn't great for flying in. Doubt you were flying over here to buy a car!! An Ateca, petrol, excellence, with full link, metallic paint and 19 inch wheels costs almost 35k.

Queries - Dealer says to get one with that spec (heater windscreen) will take weeks and my previous car has a few issues and no tax after next week so hands our tied. I will give him a shout regarding the other bits.

Thanks a million.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Morning

ah ok, a bit of a B that a windscreen would hold it up :eek:

I flew in last Friday and out on Monday so missed the bad storms luckily. Was at a wedding in Tallaght and the Sun shone for it and then was down at Blessington on the lakes for the reception and a few days break. It was a bit dull and when sightseeing was strange to be in cloud up the Wicklow mountains lol.
A beautiful part of the world and I hope to return one day when it is better weather to get the full impact . As we drove around I was wishing I had my Ateca instead of the Qashqi I was in :?

There are others here who have spoken about roof bars and bike racks and stuff so hopefully someone will chip in soon :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Mossy,
I can't speak for iPhone but for my Android I am currently trialling Sygic using Mirrolink and Gogle maps using Android Auto. A useful feature of Sygic is that it shows a running total of data being used. Maps are store off-line so only traffic data needs updating. The last 30 minute journey I tried used about 400kbits of data, less than half a mb so not excessive by any means.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi Mossy you should have time to add the heated windscreen to your order. I got my dealer to add the electric tailgate weeks after I initially put my order in without a problem :D What spec Ateca did you go for as SE Technology or Xcellence come with satnav already that just uses GPS so no roaming. I don't think you can use google maps with carplay, otherwise you could have downloaded the maps for it, not sure if you can on Apple maps :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a million Guys

I will keep an eye out for that Sygic tool, thanks Phosphoric. Kindness71 - Picking the car up this day week as it is currently in another dealers so they are just moving it across so it doesn't look good for the heated windscreen. Went for full link on the Excellence model so will have a look to see if SatNav is on it. i didnt think it would be as it was one of the extras on the price list.

Saggy - great to hear you had a nice time (albeit in a Nissan). Blessington and Glendalough are lovely scenic parts and pretty close to Dublin which is handy. You hit the nail on the head when it comes to the weather. I have often seen tourists taking pictures of the sunny sky in the rain.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Good news Mossy - xcellence comes with sat nav. The priced one was a sat nav plus

You'll get standard nav which works just fine :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Saggy

Just did a comparison and it looks like on the UK brochure Sat Nav is indeed included, but the Irish brochure lists it as an extra. Gutting

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yes, it's the same in Spain - - it's a €400 option for the basic Nav.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Not really, in the UK it is just reflected in a higher overall price for the car.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Ahhh sorry :(
Damn

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Mossy,

You're right here in Ireland Sat Nav is not included in the XC pack.

Last year Seat IE had only one option even for Sat Nav which was Nav System only. Not the Nav Sys Plus. So had to order that then the system only. But a new options which includes sys plus already was released and didnt had the chance to request the dealer.

Anyway just got the car last week (24-feb) from Mayo. Sat nav system is ok.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats Boy_kotong

We certainly don't seem to get all the tech that comes on the UK equivalent models and I still feel we are paying too much. 35k for a petrol xc with a couple of extras seems a lot to me. That said what's the alternative as they are even more expensive. Hope the sat nav captures the uniqueness of some irish addresses!! i am hoping google maps will work for me but don't know what i will do when in the uk for maps, not to mention this blasted roof box issue i am still having that no one seems to know a solution too.

let me know how the 360 camera works out, i would be very interested to hear, particularly if i can add it down the line

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm ignorant to the process of importing cars so this may seem a silly question...

...but why not simply buy the car in Northern Ireland if it's too expensive / differently spec'd in the South? Would you guys have to pay extra import duties etc? With the way the GBP - v- Eur has gone in the past year, I thought a lot of Irish would be doing that?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
If you import a car from one EU country to another EU country, there is no import duty but you will still have to pay the same taxes on the car as you would pay in the destination EU country.

The main taxes in Ireland are an extra 3% VAT (compared to the UK) and a one time registration tax. In the UK it is a flat £55 charge. In many other countries, including Ireland and (from personal experience) Spain. This not a flat fee but is based on CO2 emissions. In Ireland it is very high. In the case of a top of the range Ateca, it is 19% f the full purchase price.

On a fully loaded TdiDSG/4Drive it would cost about €10000. In Spain it would be 4.75%. The price is included in the "on the road price"

If you think that's high, I understand it can be as high as 150% in Denmark.

·
Registered
41 Posts
mossy said:
Congrats Boy_kotong

We certainly don't seem to get all the tech that comes on the UK equivalent models and I still feel we are paying too much. 35k for a petrol xc with a couple of extras seems a lot to me. That said what's the alternative as they are even more expensive. Hope the sat nav captures the uniqueness of some irish addresses!! i am hoping google maps will work for me but don't know what i will do when in the uk for maps, not to mention this blasted roof box issue i am still having that no one seems to know a solution too.

let me know how the 360 camera works out, i would be very interested to hear, particularly if i can add it down the line
Thanks Mossy.

In fairness, if I try to choose the spec I have on Seat UK, I get a cheaper amount I had paid here. Seat UK doesn't have the performance machined alloys and just Blind spot option. The dealer I took it from gave me a total of 3.5k as discount, that's even without trading-in any car. For the SatNav I still have to try it around, hopefully this spring and summer.It probably would be better than what Iphone has, because it's using HERE as the maps. In my experience tried HERE, it's good. I haven't tried android phones yet to see how google maps performs, but tried iphone, it's ok but you know the limitation of apple maps here in Ireland, it's difficult to find addresses.

For the 360 camera, this is one probably that I can recommend to be added, especially that parking spaces here are mostly tight, it's better to get a better view to get a good distance between 2 cars as some people really don't mind when opening their doors. :) But it's still good if you see it for yourself.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Fred99 said:
The main taxes in Ireland are an extra 3% VAT (compared to the UK) and a one time registration tax. In the UK it is a flat £55 charge. In many other countries, including Ireland and (from personal experience) Spain. This not a flat fee but is based on CO2 emissions. In Ireland it is very high. In the case of a top of the range Ateca, it is 19% f the full purchase price.

On a fully loaded TdiDSG/4Drive it would cost about €10000. In Spain it would be 4.75%. The price is included in the "on the road price"

If you think that's high, I understand it can be as high as 150% in Denmark.
Yikes. We have so many moaners here in the UK who simply love using the phrase "rip-off Britain" without as much as trying to find out how the rest of the world operate.

I collected my car today from the dealership here in the UK, but have just configured it on the SEAT.ie website. To bring an Irish Xcellence trim up to UK Xcellence trim spec I had to add:

Black leather: 118 Euro
Full Link: 192 Euro
Navigation: 452 Euro
DAB: 227 Euro

Total Price 33289 Euro or £28439.

Configure same car here in UK and it comes to £25015.

I feel for you guys.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I think the leather would add a lot more than that. Was it the black Alcantara option as I have it and it was €104?

Either way, it costs a lot more than in the UK.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts