Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just found this forum existed today and so far have to admit it's been very useful :)

My story, long time SEAT owner, currently on my 4th SEAT (Leon, at the moment).
Got caught up with the look and hype of the new Ateca and so signed on the dotted line at the end of August.
That's as much information as I have.
No build date, no delivery date (obviously). Sorting of waiting twiddling my thumbs. :|

The only communication I've had was regarding my original choice of colour. Received a call last week from the dealership telling me that my original choice of Samoa Orange would be a nine month wait. So I changed my colour and still no further details.
Have to visit my dealership this weekend and I shall see if I can get any information out of them (not holding out for much)

My only consolation seems to be I'm not the only one in the boat !!!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Samoa seems to be a tricky colour with build dates. I'm not too sure whether the UK didn't get a solid chunk of time in the factory connected with the launch and perhaps the hiatus on the 2WD TDI150 engine. UK ones are popping out on a gestation period of three months, but Samoa seem to take a bit longer. Initially in all of this panoramic roofs was the one that was an issue, but it isn't now. That was an early continent issue in the Spring.

Build dates seem to be allocated about a month after the order is taken, then about another month to the build date, then a month to get it here. I seem to recall Kindness has ordered a Samoa and is waiting for the builf date. Magpie was one of the First Edition people so they have had a time to source the paint - I'm joking.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum

It seems rediculous they have done so much promotion in orange and then are having the issues they are

Pretty poor show really and not a great confidence booster ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saggy said:
Hi and welcome to the forum

It seems rediculous they have done so much promotion in orange and then are having the issues they are

Pretty poor show really and not a great confidence booster ...
Thanks for the welcome.
Totally agree it was a bit weird to have all the promotional material in Samoa Orange colour and then have all the issues with it !!!
Good job I'm buying the car not the colour. :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
9 months!!! Wow I am going to feel very special in mine now. May explain why my FE is behind other FEs. There were only 25 oranges out of the 200 made I believe. Very poor show if the delays are solely down to the paint. Like bwindi says, every promo shot is orange. Shock... it may be popular?!?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Perhaps the mica is now sourced from child friendly countries. Probably got Aussie miners that are off surfing rather than India kids. VW was one of the companies that the Guardian found was using mica from non friendly mines. Mind you it could be a difficult colour to manufacture. It intrigues why they have an issue in producing certain colours.

BTW seems to be an Audi colour (Samoa orange)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Samoa+Orange+Audi&client=firefox-b&biw=768&bih=892&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb3-nmmK7PAhUJCcAKHdsTBkMQ_AUICSgB

Audi and Seat / Skoda use different paint colours but the names the same.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I did read the orange appeared in some form on an Audi R8 and other cars in their range. Whether it is the same colour or a slight variety with the same name I don't know. Either way it's a shame I am not getting an R8! Could attach a trailer for the kids :lol:

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I believe the only car on which it was an option was the R8, however, most Audis are available in any colour from the entire paint range - at a very high price! I understand that you can actually have a colour of your choice specially mixed - at an even higher cost.

I thought long and hard about going for orange, but I never had a chance to see it in the flesh. Here in sunny Spain it could look really good, but in less sunny places it could look a bit flat.

Anyway, I was overruled by SHMBO and went for Brilliant Silver which I have seen and I also have it on my current Leon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts