Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Ateca (1.6 Tdi SE) for a week now so first impressions - seems to be solidly built with no rattles or squeaks so far, comfortable, quiet and all round , just a nice car. Having come from 6 Skodas the last being an Octavia 3 Elegance 4x4 2.0 Tdi , I miss the power a wee bit but comfortwise the Ateca is just as good. I use winter tyres from end October to end of April so will be interesting so see the difference in grip between 2 and 4 wd. Had the ' front assist sensor impaired' warning come on yesterday for no apparent reason except for rain - is this going to be a continuing problem I wonder ?- we get lots of rain here and a fair bit of snow as well !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Noworkin said:
Had the ' front assist sensor impaired' warning come on yesterday for no apparent reason except for rain - is this going to be a continuing problem I wonder ?- we get lots of rain here and a fair bit of snow as well !
If that warning is activated every time it rains I suggest moving house to somewhere other than Scotland otherwise it will truly do your noodle in!

·
Registered
425 Posts
JLO said:
Noworkin said:
Had the ' front assist sensor impaired' warning come on yesterday for no apparent reason except for rain - is this going to be a continuing problem I wonder ?- we get lots of rain here and a fair bit of snow as well !
If that warning is activated every time it rains I suggest moving house to somewhere other than Scotland otherwise it will truly do your noodle in!
:lol: :lol:

I had the same warning come up shortly after picking the car up. The radar sensor is behind the SEAT badge on the grill as I understand it. It was wet, but the warning disappeared after a re-boot and hasn't returned in 7weeks yet.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Greeting Noworkin, if you can send your fellow countrymen down to sort the English out and stop Brexit I'd be grateful :). I see we've taken back control last night :). & we are having our cake, eating it and paying for it as well.

You would hope Front Assist would see through the rain. There are some disturbing behaviour things I read on the German board on the ACC where the car looses it's front vision and accelerates forwards. That loss is on bends and at other times. You mitigate this by setting a lower upper speed and having the car in ECO to reduce acceleration.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Tell said:
Greeting Noworkin, if you can send your fellow countrymen down to sort the English out and stop Brexit I'd be grateful :). I see we've taken back control last night :). & we are having our cake, eating it and paying for it as well.

You would hope Front Assist would see through the rain. There are some disturbing behaviour things I read on the German board on the ACC where the car looses it's front vision and accelerates forwards. That loss is on bends and at other times. You mitigate this by setting a lower upper speed and having the car in ECO to reduce acceleration.
Tell - anyone using ACC in bendy roads is just asking for trouble; it's not designed for that as the microwave radar unit has a narrow beam spread. If I remember correctly the manual specifically says ACC shouldn't be used in those conditions. As for Noworkin's experience, I had that too early in with the car, but not since. I do wonder whether having the radar up high in the front end and covered by the badge makes it more prone to the effect of rain, road spray and dirt? Our Polo has ACC, but the radar is low down in the bumper and is not covered. Just a thought..........

·
Registered
918 Posts
Noworkin - hello from Central Scotland! Welcome aboard the sometimes sensible, but often mad forum. You'll get to know soon enough who provides the information, and who provides the laughs ! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.