Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my car last week and given a delivery date estimate of end of December by my dealer. However reading posts on this forum of major delivery delays has made me suspicious of this date. The salesman I dealt with is on holiday this week so I will be giving him a call to see if he can confirm this date given the information posted here.

This will be my first Seat (driving a Volvo XC60 for the last 7 years) and I hope this will not be the start of a negative relationship with Seat if they cannot get their act together on delivery dates.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi metalsman
The problem seems to be that the demand is far, far greater than what was anticipated. This can lead to people placing orders who then find out that delivery is too distant and decide that they'll buy something else instead. I don't believe that Seat were expecting the Ateca to be so popular from the onset. Coupled with shared parts etc with VW and Skoda, it could turn out to be a bit of a nightmare. My biggest worry is that they outsource to other factories which may comprise build quality. I've been given a lead time of March (could change either way) with no build date yet. I'm in no rush at the moment, so I don't mind. It will become a problem if they push it back much further.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
It's probably more getting the volume through the robots than parts I would have thought, so QA could go down if they were not checking what was coming off production but I doubt the components going in turn to rubbish. They did expand the factory so we were led to believed circa August during the annual close down, will credit that one to Ernie.

I did use to think that quality went down after a bit on car production as manufactures cut corners. I seem to recall the Telegraph Motoring pages once said that. I should think we are not yet at that.

Greetings Metalsman.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
welcome to the forum Metalsman

delays seem to be very dependent on engine and colour

think positive ............... my build started as Jan 17, then Dec 16 and is now October with hopefully delivery by Christmas

things maybe aren't as bad it can look ~ People are quick to say about issues on forums and less quick to shout about good things .....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had confirmation from the salesman that my order has a confirmed build date of week 46. Looks like I should have it for Xmas - whoopee.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hi Metalsman,

We factory ordered our Ateca Execellence 4Drive mid-August, and delivery is next week. Roughly 10 weeks in total. Not bad - previously waited 12-16 weeks for cars from Vauxhall from new. We're in Scotland too !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.