Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Took the plunge today at my local dealer after getting a great deal on the owners demo.

Not sure when I'll get it yet as have to find out from Seat how long the dealer has to keep it. Could be end of April :eek: but the owner has said if that's the case they'll "loan" it to me and then just put the paperwork through later.

Looking forward to upgrading from my mk3 Leon

Here she is looking rather dirty
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Hi,

It's looking good - even though its 'dirty'!

Good photos of the colour that I've chosen - 'real use' ones as well, rather than all nice and shiny. I see it's from SEAT Fife - where are you based yourself? I'm through at Stenhousemuir so not too far from you.

Hope you get it soon (officially) and that you enjoy it.

Cheers,

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
welcome aboard :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, I was feeling a bit ignored haha.

Hopefully will have it next Friday, woohoo!

That's a good eye you have Mike, I'm in Milnathort.

When I started looking I was dead set on Black or Grey but after having seen the lava blue in person it's grown on me immensely. Such an interesting colour as it's different in every light!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Welcome! Love that colour. If I hadn't gone first edition, with my limited colour choice, I would definitely have gone lava blue SE tech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I've also gone for the Lava Blue, however I've never seen it in the flesh so a bit of risk! But wanted a change from my usual grey colour choice in cars, wanted a bit of colour but the orange was just a little too bright for my comfort zone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Kaizer83 said:
Not sure when I'll get it yet as have to find out from Seat how long the dealer has to keep it. Could be end of April :eek: but the owner has said if that's the case they'll "loan" it to me and then just put the paperwork through later.
Kaizer, just a bit of advice and something maybe to be careful of. I've understood people may have problems (eg when acquiring through car brokers particularly ) with paperwork "following later" (esp. the V5) in that insurers can get really iffy about this as they will expect a vehicle to be owned and registered (or just about to be registered) in your name, as this demonstrates that you have an "insurable interest" in the vehicle before they put it on cover .

If there are any 'extended' delays - I'm not specifying how long as each insurer may judge differently - in you getting a V5, it can get a bit messy if for any reason a claim gets made against your policy, esp. by a third party.

You'd need to be able to demonstrate at such a time and if it occurred that an application had been made to DVLA for a V5 in your name, and the delay is theirs, otherwise you could find yourself technical uninsured. The risk may (in theory) be small but the implications significant. :D

However, if the dealer is loaning it to you on their insurance that's fine as long as it remains registered to them as they still have that insurable interest in it, and their policy covers your use.

http://www.money.co.uk/car-insurance/how-to-insure-yourself-to-drive-someone-elses-car.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mcderms said:
Kaizer83 said:
Not sure when I'll get it yet as have to find out from Seat how long the dealer has to keep it. Could be end of April :eek: but the owner has said if that's the case they'll "loan" it to me and then just put the paperwork through later.
Kaizer, just a bit of advice and something maybe to be careful of. I've understood people may have problems (eg when acquiring through car brokers particularly ) with paperwork "following later" (esp. the V5) in that insurers can get really iffy about this as they will expect a vehicle to be owned and registered (or just about to be registered) in your name, as this demonstrates that you have an "insurable interest" in the vehicle before they put it on cover .

If there are any 'extended' delays - I'm not specifying how long as each insurer may judge differently - in you getting a V5, it can get a bit messy if for any reason a claim gets made against your policy, esp. by a third party.

You'd need to be able to demonstrate at such a time and if it occurred that an application had been made to DVLA for a V5 in your name, and the delay is theirs, otherwise you could find yourself technical uninsured. The risk may (in theory) be small but the implications significant. :D

However, if the dealer is loaning it to you on their insurance that's fine as long as it remains registered to them as they still have that insurable interest in it, and their policy covers your use.

http://www.money.co.uk/car-insurance/how-to-insure-yourself-to-drive-someone-elses-car.htm
Thanks mcderms,

There'll be a written loan agreement for the 2 week period which will make me responsible. I work for Aviva and have dealt with motor claims before so your concerns were my first thoughts too.

Now that I know when I'm getting it time is passing so slowly haha!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Kaizer - glad to hear that you're sorted !

ST plate on car - Dundee registration; assume you're in that neck of the woods then?
Another Scottish owner on the forum?

:D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Milnathort in Perthshire.

Yep another Scottish owner, are you in Scotland too?

I saw my first Ateca on the road today, reflex silver heading north to broxden on the M90
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Kaizer83 said:
Milnathort in Perthshire.

Yep another Scottish owner, are you in Scotland too?

I saw my first Ateca on the road today, reflex silver heading north to broxden on the M90
Two in my street - friend has one, in black!
Work in Stirling so there's a good few from Morrisons going about; a few 17 plates sitting in their yard too. Haven't seen that many away from Stirling, which surprises a bit as Arnold Clark's usually floods the market, even with new cars. He has 2-3 SEAT dealers in the Central belt too.

In Perthshire a few times a year as Perth Audi and Camerons Volkswagen in Perth supplied our other cars :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm surprised I've not seen more too with fife seat and morrisons both within a 30 mile radius.

Of course they'll be everywhere as soon as I start driving it haha!

I'll make sure to wave to any greys I see passing in case it's you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Kaizer83 said:
I'm surprised I've not seen more too with fife seat and morrisons both within a 30 mile radius.

Of course they'll be everywhere as soon as I start driving it haha!

I'll make sure to wave to any greys I see passing in case it's you
:D Cheers !
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top