Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... after ordering an 1.0 SE tech... which was due for Delivery in December... i decided after reading this forum to go for the Xcellence!... so i called up my dealer and ordered the 1.4TSI Xcellence with Soundpack Upgrade in Bila White!... I have been told 3 months at least looking at March 17... I have a bit more reassurance today as i recieved an email direct from SEAT confirming my new order... whats peoples experiences on delivery dates?... Oh... and Hello :) .... Regards Adam

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hello Adam and welcome to the forum

Ordered sept 13th
Built oct 24th
Collecting 2nd Dec

Nice choice up grading :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TY Saggy....

Wow that was quick.....!.. Looking forward to the Pics.... :)... How soon do you get a build date...?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
They tend to build them in three months, goes something like you get a provisional build date after a month or so, but you have to ask about that. Then it moves to an actual build date, 5 days to build, a month and a bit to get it to the UK. Although these things can change. It can wait at the factory for a couple weeks before its put on a train, I think they may batch up the UK ones. So that month at the end can grow by a couple of weeks. Orange ones were difficult and the 1.4 TSI but that may be changing on what's posted up. The dealers knows what the delays are on specific models, mine certainly did and chuckled about orders he had taken on the difficult ones.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell said:
They tend to build them in three months, goes something like you get a provisional build date after a month or so, but you have to ask about that. Then it moves to an actual build date, 5 days to build, a month and a bit to get it to the UK. Although these things can change. It can wait at the factory for a couple weeks before its put on a train, I think they may batch up the UK ones. So that month at the end can grow by a couple of weeks. Orange ones were difficult and the 1.4 TSI but that may be changing on what's posted up. The dealers knows what the delays are on specific models, mine certainly did and chuckled about orders he had taken on the difficult ones.
Thankyou... i'll defo be asking about the build date... The garage gives me no confidence in communication, however the only place near to order one!.... I tried to get the same Spec but in Orange... That was estimated at July... so nearly 7 months on the 1.4TSI in Orange :-(... I like the Bila White tho and had that option thrown in for free ;-)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dougie said:
Welcome Adam, Either way you will love it. Are you having these wheels View attachment 427 or these? View attachment 474
I'm going for the 18" Top Standard Ones... My Mrs has a habit of liking Kerbs... The 19's are easier to Kerb and Harder to Refurb... The 18's should refurb easy! haha....

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Addycarra said:
Thankyou... i'll defo be asking about the build date... The garage gives me no confidence in communication, however the only place near to order one!.... I tried to get the same Spec but in Orange... That was estimated at July... so nearly 7 months on the 1.4TSI in Orange :-(... I like the Bila White tho and had that option thrown in for free ;-)
You get your customer number from the dealer then after a month ring up customer services for an update. My dealer was lay back about it but customer services are more than happy to help. They put you on hold and contact the other people with access to the system. Once you get a provisional date, they will say phone xxxx for the confirmed date, then after build week check it's built. Then you get the shipping delay and arrival in the UK. Then the port check on arrival, may be two weeks and a week to get it to the dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brilliant :) thanks for the Info.... can't wait... :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Addycarra said:
Dougie said:
Welcome Adam, Either way you will love it. Are you having these wheels View attachment 427 or these? View attachment 474
I'm going for the 18" Top Standard Ones... My Mrs has a habit of liking Kerbs... The 19's are easier to Kerb and Harder to Refurb... The 18's should refurb easy! haha....
And they look much posher! :cool:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got the 18 inch performance wheels coming on my midnight black, which going with the rest of the chrome on the bodywork should look stunning, although the bi did look good in showroom, but more money again , so no brained really.

·
Registered
220 Posts
No trainer, that should of read :oops:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ Taffy2 ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dougie said:
And they look much posher! :cool:
I love the 19's But these have actually grown on me they look good!.... :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Taffy2 said:
I got the 18 inch performance wheels coming on my midnight black, which going with the rest of the chrome on the bodywork should look stunning, although the bi did look good in showroom, but more money again , so no brained really.
:D Defo... I'm now toying with adding a heated windscreen... but where do you stop with options... the xcellence was a stretch for me!, I love black... but i just don't have the time these days to keep it clean... and its heartbreaking that its dirty the day after!....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Heated windscreen

Do it

You'll not regret it and you'll never do without again either

Order it ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Saggy said:
Heated windscreen

Do it

Order it ;)
Is it like the Ford Quick Clear or Convection Saggy?... Those Squiggly lines on Fords are so annoying at night with light glare........

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Addycarra said:
Saggy said:
Heated windscreen

Do it

Order it ;)
Is it like the Ford Quick Clear or Convection Saggy?... Those Squiggly lines on Fords are so annoying at night with light glare........
Not got mine yet but the Skoda screen was like my old ford
Very Slight lines and a tinted colour screen almost

I find I don't notice it though generally

Someone complained on here ... poss Tell but the majority with would swear by it

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
Addycarra said:
Saggy said:
Heated windscreen

Do it

Order it ;)
Not got mine yet but the Skoda screen was like my old ford
Very Slight lines and a tinted colour screen almost

I find I don't notice it though generally

Someone complained on here ... poss Tell but the majority with would swear by it
Barely noticeable, and if you've had one before - even less so :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.