Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what I'm doing wrong at mo regarding messy locking car. Key in pocket to open no problems there, but on leaving nothing seems to happen when I walk away from car doors stay open unless I press key fob, but sure it has worked. That I'd ask the one person who can answer the riddle . :?:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You will make the other experts jeoulus if you just ask. That is how it works. Kessy, you cover up with the back of your hand or thumb the sensor on the front door handle (B below). Hold for two seconds till the mirrors go in. It's locked and mirrors in. The red light flashes on passenger side to confirm alarm set as an additional check, but mirrors in means its locked. The sensor is a 1/2" bar on the door handle facing out. You can open with gloves, my mistake is the glove was covering the outward locking sensor. Can open with two fingers if wearing gloves, you have to hold the door handle for unlock. Cover the outward groove to lock and wait for mirrors in or just walk off after click if not bothered about mirrors being out.

Below B is the lock sensor. A the open sensor area. The trick is not to cover / touch both together. If the car gets confused jump back out of Kessy range and do again.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tell you are a genius, you are the real Oracle. The go to on the Ateca, cheers again. :oops:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Note I did several edits.

(Freddie and my brains aren't in the chiller box)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts