Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my 22 plate Ateca 1.5 Excellence Luz. Au Fait with Everything except the Adaptive Cruise Control read the manual watched the videos and pushed the corresponding buttons on the the steering wheel but nothing seems to work although I have managed to set the speed with Cruise Control. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
All you have to do is press the cruise control button and then press set. That'll set the adaptive cruise, just be careful if overtaking people with no one in front of you as it can think you're undertaking rather than overtaking and slow you down to their speed

·
Registered
71 reg silver experience DSG 1.5
18 Posts
Agree Josh.From Lane assist being the stupidest gadget on cars, VW adaptive cruise is the best, especially if you have DSG. Ateca goes one better with predictive cruise and speed limit recognition. I personally wouldn't use on a motorway, but in everyday driving it is excellent and I do use it every day on my commute. I have had the system on a vw, a skoda and now ateca and i trust it 99.99% and wouldn't have a car without it now.Just make sure you are concentrating for that possible .01%!!

·
Registered
190ps TDi DSG 4Drive Xcellence in Rhodium Grey.
54 Posts
All you have to do is press the cruise control button and then press set. That'll set the adaptive cruise, just be careful if overtaking people with no one in front of you as it can think you're undertaking rather than overtaking and slow you down to their speed
Im not advocating undertaking, but this can be programmed out to stop this from being an issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im not advocating undertaking, but this can be programmed out to stop this from being an issue.
Yeah I know it can be programmed out of the car but the giant that is VW should be able to make a system that knows when it see's a car to the left in the UK it means they're being overtaken and not slow down. I shouldn't be down to the owners to sort that out

·
Registered
190ps TDi DSG 4Drive Xcellence in Rhodium Grey.
54 Posts
Yeah I know it can be programmed out of the car but the giant that is VW should be able to make a system that knows when it see's a car to the left in the UK it means they're being overtaken and not slow down. I shouldn't be down to the owners to sort that out
I’ve just reread your reply and I’d got the wrong end of the stick. My car has never slowed me down for overtaking a car on my left. My response was from reading what others have mentioned in the past regards being on a congested motorway with varying speeds across all lanes, sometimes the inside lane moves faster than others and the ACC would not allow it in these circumstances.

·
Registered
17 Posts
am I correct to assume you only have adaptive cruise control if you have the 3rd stalk on your column (ooh err) . . . .?
I am almost sure mine was advertised as having ACC, but I dont have the 3rd stalk. (2.0 xcellence TDi)

I wish car manufacturers would print a specific manual for the model YOU get, not a generic one which leaves you thinking have I or have I got this or that, its human nature to want all the gimmicks and toys and its disappointing when your model does not.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Received my 22 plate Ateca 1.5 Excellence Luz. Au Fait with Everything except the Adaptive Cruise Control read the manual watched the videos and pushed the corresponding buttons on the the steering wheel but nothing seems to work although I have managed to set the speed with Cruise Control. Any help would be appreciated.
If this is a brand new 22 plate I assume you mean you have the Xperience Lux model, Xcellence Lux was pre-facelift model. If you bring up the assist menu on the digital cockpit it will confirm if you have Adaptive cruise control/Predictive cruise control. From my 20plate Xperience Lux there is a button on the steering wheel directly below the volume scroller. This button should show a car with lines below it, this is used to change the distance at which the ACC/Predictive cruise control will keep from the car in front. Also when enabled and there is a car in front of you at the very bottom of the digital dash you should see a car between the two road lines.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers iscott29 I've got it by the goolies now. Bit disconcerting for the first time when the vehicle in front stops I had my brake peddle covered just incase the ACC failed but it didn't great bit of kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts