Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I gave you a look at the panoramic roof as well. The good thing of the Xcellence is that the interior is all black due to the leather seats and the rest of the interior which meant that to keep the blackness of the sealing as the standard non panoramic they made the blind black. This is good since you can keep it dark overhead or have it back. The Tiguan I looked at was more diffuse on the screen so I'm pleased about that since it gives you the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Very nice! I particularly like the colour, I wish I had chosen that colour.....oh! hang on....I did! :lol:
Any chance of a photo of you trying to open the boot with the virtual pedal whilst kicking the car and cursing? :D

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
& the funny looks I get... I'm suppose to leave it a week and they will have a solution or something. I will leave it a week and call in and demonstrate that it doesn't work but they did accept that on the phone.

It's a funny colour since it changes. All the pictures were taken on daylight balance apart from the panoramic of the panoramic top to bottom and the other one left to right in the car which is auto white balance.

I like the colour, without causing offensive to those who ordered bright silver, I never saw that colour on the Ateca but decided that it was too pasty on other Seat's and only wrecks round here have that colour. I saw rhodium grey on the Ateca in May in Silverstone and was shown the colour on another Seat in June. After much consideration I settled on it. Saying that it may well attract the heat in the summer together with the leather seats.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats Tell, it looks awesome ! Color really suits the car and rims.
For a long time I could not decide between rhodium gray and samoa orange, and eventually went for orange only because me an wife are 30 and I was thought, last chance to have some bold color, have fun and stay kiddo a bit more. :D
All cars around are black, white or gray. I hope I will not cry out decision to be different and distinctive :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I forgot to ask You, what is your impression about build quality? Plastic inside/outside etc
And for me it's strange that even 19 rims looks a bit small on Ateca. Hope I am wrong about that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looks good. Like how you got part of the car park to yourself.

Nearly went for the colour but next door just got a grey Audi and there's a grey Qashqai across the road.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looking very smart, the panoramic roof looks especially cool.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody. The build quality appears very good. Lovely click on closing the doors. Glove box isn't so reassuring but as long as the dash doesn't creak I'm happy. This one is fine.

Very silent running when driving. Steering is light. I might need a few more turns at a slow speed when going into a road at a junction, Think I need to feed more turns in than with my old Altea, but then on my first drive I did come alarmingly close to a tree at a roundabout when I turned left, so probably not enough clockwise spin around the roundabout bringing me too close on the left turn. I was trying not to go out to the right as I once did in another new car. This is your speed sensitive steering.

Will get use to the difference, both cars have the same variable sensitivity of steering to speed. You can alter it to give a personal setting but I'll aim to get use to it since the personal setting is for one profile. Like a digital camera with two personal settings you would need a personal setting for each of the driving modes, eco, normal, sport, off road and snow. You only get one, you need five personal settings, that would be a driver mode knob with eleven settings on it ! (or is that ten ;)). Best to get use to the default.

Empty car park, I chose the spot to minimise clutter in the picture :). Was hoping for a panoramic of the view with car, left to right, but the clever park rangers have a bank and a gulley to stop cars going off road, so the high bank prevented me from getting the panoramic view. It's the location where Justin Bieber got his free lunch in a pub recently then it was swamped by his baby Biebers minutes after he left. Also a bikers capital although they had moved down the road to a tea Hut. Had to carefully mind I didn't run over possibly a single mums group with their babies strapped to their front, all eight or so.

No puddles, no splashes:).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Looks great Tell :D

I do love the colour and would have gone for it if I had been grown up (I'm 50)
However I am at a rebellious stage in life ;)

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a red car, magenta, it use to get very hot in the summer, I swear I'd never get a dark one again. In the rain now it's taken the colour of very grey approaching to black. That's the mica paint.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I would say that Rhodium Grey is a dark colour compared to the lighter colours available.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not too many light colours for the Ateca in the UK, cappuccino isn't available. Delete the non metallics due to my perceived feeling they don't wear remembering my red one (yes Saggy I've owned two red ones, forgot) they didn't use to wear as well as the lacquer covered metallics. White shows the dirt, bright silver wasn't for me. Orange is a bit Orange. Black is dangerously black for not being seen. So it got a bit difficult but then I fell in love with the Audi grey and the LED lights which is basically what you have in the Ateca. Job done.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I think (hope) red is a more stable colour than it used to be.

I've always loved the Monte Carlo ŠKODA and is same red as them and appears to hold up well .... did on the Citigo me and ex had as a run around

I'm not great at getting car washed often (I must change that) but I will also have a full valet and shine done yearly and keep her in trim :)

I must be down to about 3 weeks now

Only trouble I have is my hair is currently lilac so will clash with car :eek:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lillac. I'm not big on car washing but will have to do a bit more. Those camera len's for lane assist, parking etc, need clear visibility else the systems won't work. Yes I was motoring with lane assist, I thought the car was driving well, seemed to go out wide at bends (this is in the dark on a country road) and I did pull it in thinking is this driving itself or not. It was driving itself now I've read the manual but I've got to check what else I activated. Side proximity was working as it was bleeping at parked cars, I did something to enable some backing thing, got to check what that was. Could have been Blind spot detector (BSD) with parking assistance (RCTA). The traffic sign detector was working and I was getting the "communicator" sounds for the speed cameras.

It was a Magenta Citreon ZX which I always thought reminded me of a French tart, other tarts are available. It polished up all prizzy. Mind you after I sold it onto my brother 17 years latter the plastic bumpers were peeling and it was looking a bit sad. The plastic bits that Citreon used didn't wear well.

Footnote one Lane Assist so as not to confuse:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think I may own the first Med Blue Ateca in the UK at this rate. I've never heard anyone even mention the colour on this forum nevermind anyone owning one in it. When talking about colours everyone seems to forget about it, is it because it's the free one or do people really not like it?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah well that one fell into my non lacquer criteria of wear. Since I keep my cars for their life I don't buy solid colours. Was yours a factory order or one made for launch but surplus to requirement, that's may be why you are one of the first. In the old days (bring out the violin), it was the solid colours that were free and lacquer was extra. Now they have free down to one colour and probably people on their buying ladder think I can't have free, so change the colour first. They could always put a low selling colour there as well so any other colour costs money. You would not put black or white as free.

·
Registered
328 Posts
They don't have lacquer? I'm not being funny but I don't think that's what being a "solid" colour means. A car painted without lacquer wouldn't last 2 minutes. I assume the reason it is free is being the application process is simpler and cheaper as it is just a case of applying one solid colour rather than adding a metallic or pearl effect.

Mine is a factory order. In all honesty the monthly price of the car was a little more than I wanted to pay and they had included metallic paint at £525. Med Blue was in my top 3 colours so I was more than happy to save the £12 a month and have my new car in this colour.

This is exactly what my car will look like. Bloody smart I think.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lacquer, since if you repair the damage to a metallic car you put the colour on first, let it dry then put the lacquer on. It's the lacquer of metallic cars that better protects the paint work from salt and sun. This was the rule, whether they have managed to sort this process out for the "solid colour" now, read as non metallic not sure. That's what Lilac touched on, mean Saggy. I dealt they have. When you walk down a street and look at old non metallic cars they look bleached and looks as if someone has sandpapered off the top coat. Lacquer stops that from happening. Over the years they have gone to town with the lower paint producing the changing shades with the mica in it.

Lacquer cars have traditionally faired better with stone chips since the surface is hard. Downside more difficult for bigger repairs. The mute point is how well they have improved the top coats to the non metallics colours. If you're not keeping the car for more than eight or so years it's irrelevant since the deterioration won't have kicked in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
David - I like the med blue colour as well - just preferred the lava blue a bit more. I think your car will look very smart.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.