Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! I am now the proud driver of a beautiful Seat Ateca. I have been to the local Morrisons to fill up, remembering to use petrol and not diesel for the first time in 15 years...oh how I have missed that smell :)

Tried practicing with park assist in the car park but I can't get it to work as it just disengages itself :cry:

No doubt with a bit of practice I will get the hang.

I was a little taken aback by the oomph I got when I put the accelerator down as I did on the Mokka to get to the end of the street. I am looking forward to giving it a blast in the motorway tomorrow. I will also probably get a chance to try the traffic jam assist too!! :lol:

I will post some photos later but it is still a bit foggy and I MUST get some work done now!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Whoop whoop!!
Bet you've still not done any work lol ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
JLO said:
Yay! I am now the proud driver of a beautiful Seat Ateca. I have been to the local Morrisons to fill up, remembering to use petrol and not diesel for the first time in 15 years...oh how I have missed that smell :)

Tried practicing with park assist in the car park but I can't get it to work as it just disengages itself :cry:

I was a little taken aback by the oomph I got when I put the accelerator down as I did on the Mokka to get to the end of the street. I am looking forward to giving it a blast in the motorway tomorrow. I will also probably get a chance to try the traffic jam assist too!! :lol:

I will post some photos later but it is still a bit foggy and I MUST get some work done now!
Watch you don't press that accelerator too hard mind :shock: You need to run in the 1.4 for about 600 miles while not going over 3000 revs, but regularly up to that, then from 600-1000 miles up to 4000 revs, then slowly increase after that. It's supposed to help bed in the engine and make it smoother and give extra mpg's :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sounds great!

I think the differance in mine and yours perception of performance is probably down to our previous cars. I had an Audi A5 that was more powerful and you had a Vauxhall Mokka that I am guessing was less powerful. Anyway I'm happy with the performance now I've got used to it and "re-learnt" how to drive a petrol!

Hopefully I'll see you soon :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I am a bit surprised that you are calling your new Ateca a 'He', rather than a 'She'

Don't know why really , but I was always under the impression that cars, like ships, are always of the feminine gender!

(Probably because I am a bit 'old school'! ;) )

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kindness71 said:
Watch you don't press that accelerator too hard mind :shock: You need to run in the 1.4 for about 600 miles while not going over 3000 revs, but regularly up to that, then from 600-1000 miles up to 4000 revs, then slowly increase after that. It's supposed to help bed in the engine and make it smoother and give extra mpg's :D
Thanks Kindness. I won't be far off doing 600 miles this week and I will be up near the 1000 by the end of the month for sure so not too long to wait before I can give it some :D

No Saggy, I haven't got much done :lol: My husband will be home soon and he will want to go for a spin no doubt too.

Yes David, the Mokka was great once you got up to speed but it was a laboured 1.7 TDI until it got there.

I am off up to the Peak District on Wednesday so I might wait to take some photos up there. Although it won't be clean by then :lol:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Glad to hear he's arrived safe & sound, JLO ! Hopefully Leaseplan didn't find anything to be picky about in returning the Mokka ;)

I hope you have a fantastic first week getting some mileage on him.

Watch out for the impatient drivers at junctions & roundabouts; they are everywhere, you know ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

Drive safely, now ! :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Glad to hear you enjoyed the car think we definately had the best colour, happy motoring. :cool:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Glad to hear he is here go enjoy your new car xx

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Passenger footlight ?. I'm sure you said you were having extra fitted but I might have it wrong.

Does he have a name.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Brian... foot lights ?.

When the silly stuff starts I just stop reading till it gets back to topic which is tricky sometimes. I'm intrigued as to whether any wiring is in for the rear passenger footwell given that the material at one stage atleast said it did have rear footwell lights. The German Ateca board was seeking compensation on that one given they had ordered something and delivery was different.

·
Registered
189 Posts
woohoo, time to enjoy it now :D Peak District will make a good backdrop, shouldn't be too grubby, just avoid the sheep...

·
Registered
918 Posts
Two weeks in with Brian, JLO ! Hope he has been performing as expected? :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kindness71 said:
JLO said:

Bedding in is not really required. All parts are already conditioned in the factory, ready to run. Years back, manufacturing process weren't as good and neither were lubricants, so was common place to have to bed in new engines. Seems old habits die hard.

There is very little difference after an extended period between 2 vehicles oil consumption or engine power output, 1 being 'run in' and the other not.
Only thing noticed was marginally higher power output from the engines that hadn't been 'run in'

The only thing that should definitely be done, on time, is the first oil and filter change, not doing this is sure to cause problems (blocked oil ports & channels).
Other than that, from the word go, just drive as you normally would in any other car, wont hurt it

Experience; Building, conditioning and overhauling Rolls Royce prime movers (engines, generators, turbines)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just going by what the manual says riktrik, and rather play it safe than sorry :D

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The manual says not to exceed two thirds of maximum revs. That's 4000 not 3000.

With the very wide torque curve, there is rarely much to be gained by exceeding 4000 even when it's run in.

Running in really is not going to stop you enjoying it, apart from not being able to enjoy the noise when you get near the red line - you will have to wait a bit for that!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts