Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thought i'd get myself registered and leave a little Introduction.

Currently driving a 2.0L mk3 Leon SE as my company car. Had it since 2013 and absolutely love it but it's due for renewal this year. My company has added the Ateca to it's company car list so I'm leaning towards getting one of these as I just love the styling.

2 models the company have listed is the 1.6TDI SE and the 1.6TDI SE Technology. Both are pretty much the same in terms of BIK but if I want the SE Tech I need to pay an upgrade fee of £62.50 a month to my company.

I'd rather have the 1.4 TSi or 2.0TDI to keep 150bhp but I suppose some sacrifices must be made. At the moment the SE Tech is winning thanks to the little added extras (LED Lights, Sat Nav etc.)

Look forward to speaking with you all and being super jealous of all those lovely delivered Atecas.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome fellow Geordie :D your joining a fairly exclusive club in the north east at the moment as other Atecas on the road seem very rare :eek: Although saying that i was shocked this week to find another Ateca parked up at work. There is around 1300 people working here at Sage so I guess 0.15% is still a very low count :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kindness71 said:
Welcome fellow Geordie :D your joining a fairly exclusive club in the north east at the moment as other Atecas on the road seem very rare :eek: Although saying that i was shocked this week to find another Ateca parked up at work. There is around 1300 people working here at Sage so I guess 0.15% is still a very low count :D
Nice to have a fellow geordie on the forum.

I'll admit I've only seen 2 Atecas on the roads so far. A dark blue SE at the metro centre then a silver one I pass on my way to work (Gosforth) every morning. I was originally going to opt out of my car scheme and get a Leon FR. It was seeing the silver Ateca every morning that made me change my mind :lol:

I'm going to Scotswood Road tomorrow to see some in the flesh.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I got mine from the other Arnold Clark at Benton, who have a few in to see. What colour you thinking of? You wont miss mine as samoa Orange is even rarer at the moment due to long delays getting it. Took over 5 months for mine just for that colour :eek:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to go for Reflex Silver but slowly leaning towards the popular Rh Grey. My leon is Monsoon Grey and they look very similar.odium

I'm quite far from my order time at the moment. Current lease ends in October and work normally email about 5 months prior to arrange new car so probably looking about April / May before I order.

Sadly with it being a company car all extras have to be paid for by me upfront. So I'm only looking at getting Convenience Pack and Tinted Windows for the kiddies. Apart from that it pretty much has everything else I want.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Benton have a white SE Technology and a jungle green Xcellence in their showroom at the minute, their demo car is the blue... i think. (i had the choice of that white one or a black magic SE Tech and i picked up the black one on Tuesday :) ) For me the white doesn't highlight the chrome roof rails or windows surrounds - which is part of the "technology upgrade you pay for.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to Seat on Scotswood Road at the weekend was very shocked to find only an SE in the showroom with the Tech pack. Normally the dealers put the highest spec cars they can in the showroom.

Lovely thing to sit in, plenty of extra head room for a tall bloke like me and loads in the back for the kids.

Also saw an Xcellence in the car park outside so was nice to see one with the chrome and roof rails.

Just need to wait until April then I should get one to demo from work for a week.

·
Registered
979 Posts
GTunney said:
I went to Seat on Scotswood Road at the weekend was very shocked to find only an SE in the showroom with the Tech pack. Normally the dealers put the highest spec cars they can in the showroom.

Lovely thing to sit in, plenty of extra head room for a tall bloke like me and loads in the back for the kids.

Also saw an Xcellence in the car park outside so was nice to see one with the chrome and roof rails.

Just need to wait until April then I should get one to demo from work for a week.
Try the Benton dealer as every time I have been in they have had an Xcellence model on display, and at least a couple of others outside to look at and test drive :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello, I am also in Newcastle.

I went to the SEAT in Benton and seen the Jungle Green Xcellence and it had me sold... it was between that and the new 3008 SUV.

I am leasing mine as it works out best for me but SEAT in Benton couldn't get anywhere near the prices I was getting from other dealerships online which was disappointing. I ended up ordering my new Ateca 1.4TSI Xcellence in Black Magic last week from Perrys SEAT in Aylesbury :D :D I only need to wait 6 months now for it to arrive... It's going to be a long wait..

Also I have yet to see an Ateca on the road and I have been looking everywhere for one

·
Registered
979 Posts
Scott1988 said:

I went to the SEAT in Benton and seen the Jungle Green Xcellence and it had me sold... it was between that and the new 3008 SUV.

I am leasing mine as it works out best for me but SEAT in Benton couldn't get anywhere near the prices I was getting from other dealerships online which was disappointing. I ended up ordering my new Ateca 1.4TSI Xcellence in Black Magic last week from Perrys SEAT in Aylesbury :D :D I only need to wait 6 months now for it to arrive... It's going to be a long wait..

Also I have yet to see an Ateca on the road and I have been looking everywhere for one
mmm thats weird. I got mine from there in August and managed to get about £1900 off list price where nobody else was getting much if any discount. :eek: Aylesbury, wow thats a distance to go to get it :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Scott1988 said:
I am leasing mine as it works out best for me but SEAT in Benton couldn't get anywhere near the prices I was getting from other dealerships online which was disappointing. I ended up ordering my new Ateca 1.4TSI Xcellence in Black Magic last week from Perrys SEAT in Aylesbury :D :D I only need to wait 6 months now for it to arrive... It's going to be a long wait.
The fact that you have been quoted six months for delivery rather surprises me, as folk who have placed orders in the last month or so (including me!) have had to wait for less than half that time.

Let's just hope that when SEAT do give you a confirmed build week, it will actually be sooner than that!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Montala said:
Scott1988 said:
I am leasing mine as it works out best for me but SEAT in Benton couldn't get anywhere near the prices I was getting from other dealerships online which was disappointing. I ended up ordering my new Ateca 1.4TSI Xcellence in Black Magic last week from Perrys SEAT in Aylesbury :D :D I only need to wait 6 months now for it to arrive... It's going to be a long wait.
The fact that you have been quoted six months for delivery rather surprises me, as folk who have placed orders in the last month or so (including me!) have had to wait for less than half that time.

Let's just hope that when SEAT do give you a confirmed build week, it will actually be sooner than that!
That is strange

To be fair I was in touch with several different dealers in the last week and they all said there was a 12 week delay with the 1.4Tsi engines.

So 12 weeks was the normal turnaround but there was a further 12 week delay with the 1.4 engines... As I said I was told this off three different dealers.

Maybe you got lucky? haha

Hopefully it will be quicker though as you say, I'll be getting fortnightly updates from the dealership so will get an update next week.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Scott1988 said:

mmm thats weird. I got mine from there in August and managed to get about £1900 off list price where nobody else was getting much if any discount. :eek: Aylesbury, wow thats a distance to go to get it :D
Yeah it's quite a distance but it's free delivery so it was worth it for the cheaper deal.

They are giving me a big cash advance towards the deposit and it is £30 a month cheaper than SEAT in Benton could do :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts