Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed the order for my company car on August 11th and target date given was 17th December, checked last week and it has been bought forward by 1 week.
I own a Toyota Rav4 ,T180, for the last 10 years and wanted a similar replacement in the new car.
To meet the budget I was given, the XCellence pack was ideal and choosing the solid colour meant I could also have the panoramic sunroof and heated windscreen.
The diesel I currently own has suffered with both DPF and EGR problems over the years so that is why I choose the petrol version and I am also intrigued with the 1.4 TSI which has the ACT. (watched Youtube video and still confused).
I was put off the Samoa orange, which I really like, by the family, but I can live with the blue especially when it gets damaged in car parks at work and airports.
Now I have to wait hopefully only another 8 weeks for delivery, glad I was able to preorder before the launch in September.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Greetings, I'm hoping I will be fine with the SCR in the TDI180. I've been driving diesels for 22 years but this will be the first that will processes the particles in the exhaust. I wanted a 4x4 and DSG so hobson choice gives you the model I'm getting with the engine and adblue. I'm a near 12 year customer of Seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tell
Keep an eye on the adblue levels otherwise if it runs dry the car will not start. I am not familiar with how SEAT deal with the indication of levels, some manufacturers just give a low level warning light which you ignore at your peril.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi mate welcome aboard, come join the gang all waiting impatiently for our cars.. :?

ElijahRav said:
I placed the order for my company car on August 11th and target date given was 17th December, checked last week and it has been bought forward by 1 week.
Sounds like hopeful news for mine though...
as mines a company too and mine was ordered July 18th, and I was given dealer eta 10/11 and delivery eta 24/11 but not had any updates since, getting anxious if it will be here by then??
If you ordered after me and still got an early Dec, then hoping mine will make it on time...

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Thanks Elijah.

AdBlue in the Ateca you get a count down as to when the tank will be empty like the fuel one.

You get the yellow one

Fill tank with AdBlue® before the
indicated number of kilometres
Then the red one

It lights up red
Unable to start
the engine! The
level of AdBlue is
too low.
Park the vehicle on level ground,
taking the appropriate and neces-
sary safety precautions and fill the
tank with the necessary minimum
amount of AdBlue®
The yellow is at about 1,200 before it is critical so I'll do it then. I'm going to use AdBlue commercial pumps, it's cheaper and the stuff goes off once opened. Seat to fill it is 4 times the price of the DIY pumps, bottles are twice the price. So nothing fancy really except you have to have the nerve to take the vehicle into the truck stop part of the filling station at motorway service areas or lorry routes around ports.

There is a "magnet" restriction valve that some people get concerned about. The lorry pumps restrict flow if the magnet safety isn't present which it isn't in a car, it just takes longer.

This website has them

http://www.findadblue.com/

& there are apps. So I'll just fit in a fill up. VW Vag or whatever his names got 6,000 miles worth of AdBlue in the tank at pick up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you got it sussed!
Our company buy it in large containers for the company cars, a lot cheaper than dealers.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
About 60p a litre at filling stations.

·
Registered
334 Posts
We sell it at my work (Morrisons). Took a picture as I was walking around! Never seen it before, but then until I had read the earlier threads about it I have never really been looking.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Cheaper than the pumps.... no no no, that's £4-98 a litre, but I reckon if you time it right Auchen in France would be cheaper at the pumps than in the UK at pricey Shell garages. If you were driving across Europe you would soon wear down the safety margin.

Those bottles you pay for the fancy dispenser. Then what people do is cut the bottom off and slop it in. But the bottles without the fancy dispenser are still twice the price of the pumps. I think people just buy it in those bottles since they don't live near a pump or panic. The boot filler ones are more tricky to get at which might also be a reason why people don't use the pumps.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Guess you pay for the convieience. Security of having some spare in your boot. Also I have never seen it at the pumps, but then I have never really looked..

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You have to go to the truck stop to find it based on the AdBlue website and apps. Nearest here is 18 miles away. Lorries have big containers of the stuff that you can see along the edge, well some of them do. The AdBlue pump is placed along side the regular commercial pumps.

I think if you were living in the middle of nowhere you would buy the bottles but down in the south you can find a pump somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting how the prices vary from pump to online to supermarket to dealer, there is a lot of money being made out there!
Glad I have chosen petrol.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
ElijahRav said:
Glad I have chosen petrol.
Good choice. In ten years time the only diesel vehicle you will be able to buy will be a 40" articulated lorry!

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Could be an over statement.... Seat isn't leading the hybrids, although I can't see myself everything switching to electric in a short time period. VWs screw up didn't help the case for diesel. Still with Euro 6 we get (may) Heathrow expansion, pretty nasty place in NW London and the birds in Essex won't be massacred. Anybody want Boris or IDS?. Probably why Seat are selling so many petrols, VW group frightened them off diesel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.