Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Had an Ibiza years ago, and always liked the Ateca but never had one.

I looked a few years ago at getting one 1.5TSi Xcellence but got swayed by a Skoda Superb 280 (I know - totally different car!)

But now as I'm back in the office, and the price of petrol, I'm now wondering if I should have got the Ateca after all.

So now on the look out again - My preference is an Xcellence AWD so guessing it will have to be diesel. Will I miss the power too much by going with the 150TDi or should I keep looking for a 190?

What economy are people getting out of the 150/190?

Also I like the ACC on my Skoda, but cant see any Ateca for sale with it on - I take it, it wasnt standard and had to be put on as option? How would I know if it had it or not?

Also is Android Auto standard on all cars? - I'd be looking at 2016/17 cars.

Power boot - standard or option? (Not bothered about foot wave - or was that the only option?)

I'm sure I'll have some more questions as I start looking at cars.

Ofter you've owned one, is there any option that you would have as a must have that I should look for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

I have a 2019 Xcellence in 1.5 petrol, with a 7 speed DSG gearbox which I've had since December.

I'm very pleased with it overall, but the fuel economy could be better (It's heavy and tall I guess) plus I do drive quickly since the DSG is enormous fun.

ACC is fitted to my car, I believe it's standard on the Xcellence, and Android/Apple is standard on all models of head unit, and works very well for me.

My car is not fitted with power boot, so it would seem to be an option (There's a blank where the button would be). One slight issue is that sometimes the boot can be fiddly to close because of the air pressure closing it creates within the car. I overcome this by just popping a passenger door open.

My only regret is not seeking out a car with the 9 inch head unit, as the MIB1 head unit mine came with is quite aged and not the easiest thing to use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the AWD 190 tdi xellence dsg
Have only had it for 5 months.
So far I am very impressed with the performance but is a bit more thirsty than I was expecting.
About 37mpg normal driving, up to 45 mpg careful driving in economy mode on shortish journeys.

Wish I had seat sounds and spare wheel, otherwise loving the car

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had my Ateca 4Drive 190ps Diesel now for just over a year. Still enjoy driving it. The DSG is fantastic and the fuel economy is better than my last car.
ACC is an option which mine didn’t have neither did it have Seat Sound but I had both retro fitted.
ACC is great. The Seat Sound is good for what it is too.
I also didn’t have a spare wheel but got a new one from Seat. Glad I did as I had an unrepairable puncture on our way back from holiday once

edit.
Just want to add. I have the electric boot. It’s failed twice now. Common fault. A small electric wire has snapped in the cable grommet. It can be fixed relatively easily but a garage will just want to fit a new strut. At a cost of around £420.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts