Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Ordered my new Ateca 4 weeks ago, delivery in January.
Got a call from the dealer last week to say it was delayed by 2.5 months.
They tried there best to sell me a white one which they have on stands outside.
I dont mind waiting for the correct car.

Tim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Tim!

So first the delivery was planned for November - December? Or will to rescheduled from January to March - April?

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Presume that's the 1.4 engine shortage rather than the paint colour.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tell said:
Presume that's the 1.4 engine shortage rather than the paint colour.
Nope, I drove both back to back and the diesel was far smoother and easier to get on with. ( although the lead time was ludicrous for the petrol!) The colour choice was incidental. Could have had white, Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Brown Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Or The ever popular baked bean orange! Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Oops, I'm a diesel lover, thought it was a petrol you had. I'm getting use to reading the 1.4 litres petrol fan club. I can see the attractions of that in DSG form which isn't available in the UK if you didn't want a 4Drive. I wouldn't buy a non DSG after the luxury of DSG.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Tell,

I am the op and mine is (will be) the 1.4 TSI petrol version.
Dealer spoke of engine delays but SEAT UK say no delays on 1.4 petrol.

Tim

·
Registered
338 Posts
I ordered my TSi 1.4 petrol on the 19th of last month. There was a 19 week delay on that engine and since then it has increased. Mine is due possibly in March. Technically, there are no delays if that is the normal time it takes to build a car that you've ordered. So Seat UK are correct. Realistically, they're wrong.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
I did wonder whether we were talking about the same engine ;). The one that is highly sort after by petrol gear changing manual devotees or DSG guys on the continent for its clever design which matches their purpose or some other engine which had a fan base with no wait. 19 into 4 I make as a bit shy of 5 months....

There seem three items that cause delay over normal production period at the minute of circa three months:

- Samoa Orange paint
- 1.4 TSI engine
- electric seats

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.