Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have finally taken the plunge and put our order in today.

Dealer emailed yesterday to say they had a Lava Blue in to look at. Loved the colour
and got a good deal so we went ahead and ordered. Forgot to take photos though.

1.4 Xcellence in Lava Blue
Electric tailgate
Heated windscreen
Top view camera
Advanced driving assistance pack
Seat sound

Will have to wait a few months but happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
:D Awesome, Did you end up getting it from Arnold Clark in Preston?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No as the discounts were only on stock cars and they didn't have any. My local dealer
did us a good deal in the end. I did have to promise not to ring him every week asking
for an update :0

The previous problems came down to them being so busy. Once the salesman had chance to
have a good think about it then they came up with a very good offer that even allowed us to
add the top down camera.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so got my build date. Its week 7 so looking at March delivery. They did say
it could get pulled forward. So about another 21 weeks and 23 in total.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
My date pulled forward from Jan to Dec to October so you never know :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When we ordered the car we assumed March after reading posts here. We were
ok with that but now it seems so far off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so our dealer confirmed build week as 47. He's going to try really hard to have it
ready for us before Christmas. Will depend on when it gets on a ship. Says we
should be able to pick up the day after they get it.

Looks like I may need to buy loads of wrapping paper and a big bow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
Belluszyra said:
Ok so our dealer confirmed build week as 47. He's going to try really hard to have it
ready for us before Christmas. Will depend on when it gets on a ship. Says we
should be able to pick up the day after they get it.

Looks like I may need to buy loads of wrapping paper and a big bow.
Awesome, fingers crossed you get it for Christmas :mrgreen: . Mine is currently sitting at week 10 and doubt it will change due to Orangegate :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks

Orange gate - so the delay must be Trumps fault.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had a phone call from our dealer to say our car is on a boat off the east coast. Should get the car middle of next week.

So that's less than a month from build to delivery. Very happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
220 Posts
Great news about delivery, not much mentioned on here about any offers but I too got a good deal. Was going to try car broker because of high price off car, gave that price to dealer who came in a few hundred cheaper, so went for it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
I think the deals are in the north of the country, margins are too tight down south.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
A lot of people have said they got a good deal, I think I did so too.....but what deals did we all get to compare? Maybe a thread all on its own :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Steveateca said:
A lot of people have said they got a good deal, I think I did so too.....but what deals did we all get to compare? Maybe a thread all on its own :)
Steve - perhaps that will only be limited to those on private purchase (HP or PCP deals), but helpfull nevertheless. Those on Company Car schemes probably had little or no negotiating power; our dealer did at least offer 15% discount on the costs of options (Huddersfield SEAT) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
The thing is it is all smoke and mirrors

You may have had little discount but damn good price on trade in or other way round

They massage it to suit what they need their books to say :)

I got good money off and good trade in ..... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Saggy said:
The thing is it is all smoke and mirrors

You may have had little discount but damn good price on trade in or other way round

They massage it to suit what they need their books to say :)

I got good money off and good trade in ..... ;)
Very true - I bought so many cars from the same dealer over the years that the salesman and I became great friends; he worked for Arnold Clark for longer than he'd want me to say :p gave me an amazing insight in to buying & selling cars, so much so that I can head off most of the "theatrics" they pull before they've even had the chance. Makes buying much less of a hassle; that said the motor trade sales is cut throat, so bless the souls who earn their living from it - wouldn't be me , :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
My ex did it for a living ..... gave me an insight too
I was upfront, knew what I wanted and what I would pay, asked for an extra 33% discount on top of what discount was offered to me and got it

I was happy, they made something and we both walked away feeling like winners lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
918 Posts
Saggy said:
My ex did it for a living ..... gave me an insight too
I was upfront, knew what I wanted and what I would pay, asked for an extra 33% discount on top of what discount was offered to me and got it

I was happy, they made something and we both walked away feeling like winners lol
Jeez - what a cheek :lol: I've never aimed that high, in % terms !

Must be a loss-leader that one, for Hortons. Even the key cover cost them in that deal :p :p
At that rate you should have vinyls up the side giving them free advertising ;)
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top