Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloooo :)

I've been reading this forum for a while as I've been obsessing over the Seat Ateca and finally ordered one.

As I drive around towns I've only gone for a 1 litre petrol and I've gone for the SE trim. I basically didn't want all the fancy gadgets as I like to drive not spend my time playing with the car (I get easily distracted).

I never thought I'd get a new car but my car cost me 3k to fix over the last 12 months so thought I might as well spend 3k a year on a lease car. I plan to buy it at the end of the 3 years, I've got quite a good deal through work and as I've signed the contract before April 2017 I don't need to worry about the govt's lovely new Employee benefit reforms.

I was thinking of getting a 1.4 but the cost jumped up by another £60 a month and I couldn't justify it.

My delivery estimate is 1st week of feb, I'm guessing its because I've not gone for bells and whistles. No idea what dealership it will come from (I'm in Harrogate) or when the SGFleet even put the order in. But I hope it isn't late because I'm using my husbands banger at the moment and it squeaks when I drive to the right....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Maybe he needs his nuts oiling Abby

Oh sorry it's the car that squeaks ;)

Good choice of car. It won't be long till Feb once Xmas out the way :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not nuts - just the one :shock:

I really really hope the car isn't late....I'm so excited. Sat up in bed Saturday morning with the 5-year-old watching review videos as he wanted to see Mummy's new car.

Husband will be on the insurance but it's my car...I'm paying for it so he can sod off, what's mine is NOT yours...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:lol:

I don't have that problem any more as no husband and if I do go for another he'll have to be very special with his own nice car ;)

I am actually wanting a 92 year old with a dodgy heart :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Saggy said:

I don't have that problem any more as no husband and if I do go for another he'll have to be very special with his own nice car ;)

I am actually wanting a 92 year old with a dodgy heart :D
Tell?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Abby, and welcome. You really won't be disappointed. I did a 90 mile round trip today and it's such a lovely comfortable high up driving position. Loads of space and because you have full link on the SE it will mirror your phone on the 8" screen. What colour gave you gone for?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good Choice to go for. I am having mine delivered on Monday. Exact same spec.

For what it's worth I thought that it wasn't really justified for me in getting the SE Tech. I rarely use Sat Nav [I could just use Full Link with Google Maps when I need it] and the Automatic boot would be wasted on me as I'd forget that I could use it half the time.

Can't wait for Monday, I haven't seen any driving around Cardiff at all yet. The ones that I have seen have all been on Test Drives with Trade Plates.
I wonder whether anyone else in Cardiff has or is getting an Ateca delivered shortly.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
The Daily Telegraph Motoring pages Q&A on Saturday were singing the praises of the 1litre engine for upto two people. They had two plugs for the Ateca this week.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
RedLeaf92 said:
Good Choice to go for. I am having mine delivered on Monday. Exact same spec.

For what it's worth I thought that it wasn't really justified for me in getting the SE Tech. I rarely use Sat Nav [I could just use Full Link with Google Maps when I need it] and the Automatic boot would be wasted on me as I'd forget that I could use it half the time.

Can't wait for Monday, I haven't seen any driving around Cardiff at all yet. The ones that I have seen have all been on Test Drives with Trade Plates.
I wonder whether anyone else in Cardiff has or is getting an Ateca delivered shortly.
Ghiggz and Spaceonwhite are both Cardiff area

welcome to the forum btw :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks, been reading on here for around a week or two. So thought I'd finally register.
Hopefully I may see one of the other 2 Ateca's around. I'm sure that as they are still pretty new and unseen that i'll get a few looks.
I'm hoping that the 1.0 engine is quite good on fuel in and about the city.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
well you have less than a week to wait ......... and I am so excited about Friday :mrgreen:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Enjoy...

Got over 900 miles now - awesome!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
wiz2003 said:
Enjoy...

awesome is a good word to hear used :mrgreen:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Saggy said:
wiz2003 said:
Enjoy...

awesome is a good word to hear used :mrgreen:
1,600 miles in 4 weeks on ours :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Saggy said:
well you have less than a week to wait ......... and I am so excited about Friday :mrgreen:
I've taken Friday off work Saggy so I can sit and watch the forum awaiting you ur photos Saggy! :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
JLO said:
Saggy said:
I've taken Friday off work Saggy so I can sit and watch the forum awaiting you ur photos Saggy! :lol:
I have been trying to plan picture opportunities ......... I may get arrested though for suspicious behavior, especially if still in the Christmas oufit playing at David Bailey :shock:

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
You doing the angled pictures as well. Don't forget the motto it's pays to crop :).

·
Registered
30 Posts
JLO, taking work off on Friday to wait for Saggy's photos. Sounds a bit dodgy to me, especially seeing as the Christmas outfit has been thrown in there :eek:
I hope you do mean pictures of the car Saggy... :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
RedLeaf92 said:
JLO, taking work off on Friday to wait for Saggy's photos. Sounds a bit dodgy to me, especially seeing as the Christmas outfit has been thrown in there :eek:
I hope you do mean pictures of the car Saggy... :lol:
:shock: I do mean the car !

although if I can there will be a pic of me in said outfit as it may make a few smile if only to take the P about how silly I look ;)

PS ..... JLO is female so I doubt very much she was meaning pictures of me :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts