Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon All.

Lovely to see a forum is already up and running with fans of the Seat Ateca!

I, myself, saw the car on telly and loved it straight away, and when stumbling across a Lease deal, opted to go for one.

The amount I could afford to pay monthly however was modest, at best, so the lease deal I got was for the Seat Ateca S. I did however pay slightly more to upgrade to white (the mrs didn't want blue!)

Unlike all you lucky buggers, with your roof bars, my car will arrive with no roof bars, the smaller alloys (16") and without plenty of the additional extras you lot have.

Notwithstanding this, I was hoping someone else may also have pictures of a Seat Ateca S (no roof bars)? Pictures seem hard to come by and I am wary that I took a punt without knowing what it will look like!

That said, reviews are awesome on the car, and I am sure even the basic model will be perfect for my family needs (2 kids, and one on the way!)

Car is ordered and got a build slot for Week 17 (April 24th) so expecting the car mid-late May. This will be the first time I have ever owned a car from new (or even close to new) so I am pretty excited, despite only having the cheap model! :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Milo, welcome to Ateca world, glad to hear you are going for the ateca it's a great SUV and I'm sure the whole family will enjoy being in it, drives like a dream. Thought all atecas came with roof bars, but higher spec ones were chrome instead of the black. The wait will pass quickly if you keep up dated on this forum until yours is delivered. :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

We are currently in a Vauxhall Astra H which is 12 years old now, so even the base model will be complete luxury to us no doubt.

Ha - Hence, the problem, I cannot find a S model picture anywhere with the smaller rims, however I am sure there are no roof bars (which obviously add a lot to the aesthetics of the car) so I am wary of how it will look.

That's what I will have to do, cheers.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Try looking at the pictures on the configurator. It's a very basic spec with very few options available. Very good value, but if you can stretch to the SE it will give you more options.

With all the higher spec options around, the resale value might suffer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The only images of an S I have ever seen are the CGI configurator ones...
There are plenty of them in google images, just look for the CGI looking ones with no roof bars...
Don't think anyone on any forum some of us members peruse has plumped for as S, purely due to the amount of extras you get upgrading to the SE or XL...
We were a bit pushed going for our SE really, but no way was I having that 5" mono screen.. :x
And the missus def needs parking sensors... :lol:

The S does not come with roof bars...
This page from the price guide gives details...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks really nice without roof bars too! These are from Spain so specs might differ slightly but all I could find without roof bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Fred99 said:
With all the higher spec options around, the resale value might suffer.
Prices are relative. You won't loose nearly as much with an S as I will with an Xcellence, that for sure. I find the handling really good on 18" alloys but console yourself with the fact that the handling on your 16" will more than likely be better than anyone else on this forum. ;)

There were a number of S trim models at a dealership I called in to last month, I didn't pay much attention but they looked OK. From what I can remember the alloys on the S resembled those on the SE, they did look rather small tho when viewing the car at distance.

You're right, very little info on the UK 'S' on the web but if you have a look at pics of Reference model on Continental Europe.

https://www.otomoto.pl/oferta/seat-ateca-reference-1-0-tsi-115-km-dostepne-od-reki-ID6yLjnw.html

It's more or less the same car depending on which market it's sold. (the one above has fogs which I believe the 'S' doesn't but apart from that, it's near enough). Not exactly what your looking for but hope it helps.

PS - 99% of us 'lucky buggers' will never use those roof rails :lol:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Just thinking about the earlier comment "...if you can stretch to an SE". An SE has loads more toys, that's not in doubt. But if it makes you feel any better...

Just looking at the PCP configurator on the SEAT website using same engine (1.0), same contract length (35mth), same deposit (£3000), same annual mileage (10k). And according to SEAT's own finance calculator:

'S' - £193 a month - total cost £19730 with a GFV of £9990
'SE' - £240 a month - total cost £22077 with a GFV of just £10925

Yes you'll get more toys with an SE but you'll be more than paying for them! An SE owner is paying £2300 more than you but only getting just under £1000 back. Just depends how much money you place on vanity. :D

An 'S' might be the cheapest model in the range - it's also the best value. You lucky bugger!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I found the deal, I should have enquired the extra for the 'SE' but rather jumped in to it given that the deal was so good @ £175 deposit, and £175 per month for 2 years @ 8000 miles, didn't want to miss it.

Good thing, looking at the pictures above, that the white one still looks pretty nice without the roof bars; albeit with bigger wheels than we will have.

The extra's would no doubt be handy - especially the parking sensors for the mrs - I feel ya Ghiggz; and that 8" screen looks so much better! But, hey ho.. Committed now :D

Thank you all for all the replies - Very helpful bunch! :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Milo said:
Good afternoon All.

Lovely to see a forum is already up and running with fans of the Seat Ateca!

I, myself, saw the car on telly and loved it straight away, and when stumbling across a Lease deal, opted to go for one.

The amount I could afford to pay monthly however was modest, at best, so the lease deal I got was for the Seat Ateca S. I did however pay slightly more to upgrade to white (the mrs didn't want blue!)

Unlike all you lucky buggers, with your roof bars, my car will arrive with no roof bars, the smaller alloys (16") and without plenty of the additional extras you lot have.

Notwithstanding this, I was hoping someone else may also have pictures of a Seat Ateca S (no roof bars)? Pictures seem hard to come by and I am wary that I took a punt without knowing what it will look like!

That said, reviews are awesome on the car, and I am sure even the basic model will be perfect for my family needs (2 kids, and one on the way!)

Car is ordered and got a build slot for Week 17 (April 24th) so expecting the car mid-late May. This will be the first time I have ever owned a car from new (or even close to new) so I am pretty excited, despite only having the cheap model! :lol:
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy when it arrives. It's pretty obvious the new kid on the way brings along the luck. :) Don't bother the extras, your car will be just fine to own and drive.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They look similar in design, however I believe the S will be slightly smaller with larger tyre profile.

You never know, I might get lucky! :lol:

·
Registered
581 Posts
They are slightly different, the wheels on the two photo on page 1 are 17" dynamic off the SE...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have just received an email from the leasing company - National Vehicle Solutions.

Car is already pushed back from week 17 to 22 (first week in July).. Gutted! Was hoping it would come forward if anything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Car is finally here! I say finally, but all in all the wait wasn't too tragic... It had it's moments when I thought it would never be here but promised 12 weeks and took 20 in total, order to delivery.

Well happy with the S on first impressions.

Impressive drive for a 1.0L. Lovely interior / dash, good enough selection of features.

All in all, very happy although to be fair, I am still stuck in my 12 y/o Vauxhall Astra while the mrs ferries the kids around in this one. Photos below:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Looks smashing !

Is that Bila White ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep... Bila White. Very happy with the 'colour' if you can call white that.

A unbelievable amount of car for a total of £4,200 over 2 years.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks great :-D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks really nice, how much did the white paint add to the monthly lease price?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts