Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know about you but I'm having issues with the colour range. Trying to get one as close as my Altea which is a bronze silver. The Ateca silver is too silver for me. I.E. too light.

I'm hoping that since the Ateca material released was pre launch we will get the full range of colours. The Irish get the colour I like and the general SEAT website has it

http://www.seat.com/carworlds/suv-ateca/design.html

The French sites lists these for the UK so here's hoping

http://www.teintes.fr/2016/03/seat-ateca-couleurs-colors.html

Been doing a slight tour of SEAT dealers looking at some of the colours on other SEAT cars. RHODIUM GREY has too much blue green hints in for my liking. The silver is too silver. Feels like Hobson's choice on the colour and leather seats at the minute. This could be the downfall of the Ateca in the UK.

·
Registered
118 Posts
@Tell, don't forget that some of the colours e.g., Jungle Green are effectively a Skoda colour as is Cappuccino which I think is available in France but appears not to be in the UK.
Rant Alert:
In general Seat and Skoda seem to limit many more of the options than other countries which seems to be in line with the growth of sales, on the increase everywhere except the UK! Maybe the penny will drop sometime soon in particular with the limitations in places like London on emissions and diesels (maybe). There is a distinct need for efficient petrol engines coupled with manual and DSG gearboxes. VW's and all its sibling manufacturers drive to market diesels as a priority now seems, with hindsight, to have been overplayed. Where are the petrol hybrids maybe over the horizon but I guess the UK will be last in the queue! Rant over, apologies to all.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Limiting colour and upholstery in no way makes the car cheaper to mass produce just stupid UK management with too much time on their hands who think they know right and not the customer. That's what it smacks to me off.

So I have problems with the colour which most of them I don't like apart from the one not offered in the pre sales brochure and the enforced leather seats on the Xcellence range. If you want a DSG 4x4 you are stuffed if you don't want leather. Stuffed if you don't want diesel.

I'm sure there is no evidence that limiting choice actually leads to reduced manufacturing costs just customers walking. As to SEAT dealers they don't stock the top of the range Plus navigation systems in their showroom cars since they say that most customer buy the cheaper option. Thus you get the feeling that Seats are for people with no money in the UK. Seat ship out basic specs to showrooms to shift. I've been told that twice so they never have the higher spec ones in the showrooms. If Seat UK limit choice on the range, then limit it again into the dealer network, no surprise that sales may not be at a level they could be.

Think Seat need to sort out their marketing, give people what they want if they want to stop looking like budget cars. We know they are made just as good as VWs and have more design flair but the UK end of the business is alienating it's product offer. My humble view on this matter.

·
Registered
118 Posts
@Tell, the fact is that many of these options appear to be available in other countries or there are less 'combination' restrictions. So its not a manufacturing/logistic/production issue at the factory

1 - 4 of 4 Posts