Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I've managed to get quite a bit of info from this forum, so thought it wise to now join and say Hi.

I currently own a Leon FR which is now up for renewal, and I've had my eye on the Ateca for sometime. I've pretty much made up my mind on which variant to get, Xcellence 190 DSG. I have to go auto and the 1.4 doesn't really do it for me so might as well go the whole hog even if it is going to cost me and extra couple of grand..

I was surprised when reading the fuel consumption threads, but I know that it will improve over time. I'm getting about 50mpg at the moment so would be happier if the threads were showing that figure rather than 40. so will have to wait and see.

I'm umming and awwing over what colour to get.. at the minute its between three... jungle green, mato brown or black. I'm leaning toward mato brown, but that may change tomorrow.

From the grape vine I've heard that adding such drivers aids as blindspot and adaptive cruise control can help bring down the cost of insurance? Has anyone any experience of that. I'm going to add on the top view camera and the advanced comfort pack & driving pak plus, which comes with quite a bit. Either way no harm in getting them added especially as I hope that this car will be a keeper.

Anyway. All the best folks. Here's to happy hunting.

Andy

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
Welcome Andy. I'm sure Saggy and myself will try to improve that 41 MPG figure, but that is the overall figure from new. I can't comment on how ACC and blind spot effected the insurance. I just did Confused and I'm seen as low risk :). Blind spot is very good for motorway driving here and abroad. Not a big fan of ACC, I stopped using it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Andy and welcome, always find by going to a few different dealerships and seeing different colours will definitely help you make your mind up, I went down for a navada white and ended buying black magic which looks absolutely fantastic .(when clean) :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hi Andy

Depending where you are Horton's in lincoln have a jungle green one parked up at min if you wanted to see one in flesh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.