Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else finding it difficult to appreciate the operation of some of the instrument panel display configurations?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
perhaps stay off the cider? ;)

not sure exactly how you mean?:)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Saggy said:
perhaps stay off the cider? ;)

not sure exactly how you mean?:)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
MorlandRider said:
I think its time I moved over to the Faults and Technical as I am not into willy waving or scrumpy
sorry to offend :(

I was actually trying to help ~ I didn't understand your post and suspect some others didn't either hence the lack of replies.

I thought perhaps if reworded you may get some responses

by appreciate did you mean understand and which bits of it in particular?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem Saggy. Perhaps I seemed a little too touchy as I found it difficult to explain myself. I have spent a few hours reading the SEAT manual which I find has certain sections which IMO are most difficult to assimilate and watching Ateca reviews on Youtube did not help me any further. I have now isolated my query which concerns an icon I can only describe it as looking like a five bar gate coloured Red which appeared full size momentarily in the the window of the middle small instrument dial on the dash on two separate occasions so far :? Most annoying when one cannot isolate it!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Could it be the proximity warning thing? I'm colour-blind so cant confirm its red.... but otherwise sounds possible. It pops up when it thinks you may be about to hit something - I have mine on the highest/sensitive setting and it goes off occasionally if I'm going round a bend (!) and there's something ahead in the line of fire (so to speak) rather than actually on the road in front. I may not be describing this well.... Not going round the bend at present though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Anteca said:
Could it be the proximity warning thing? I'm colour-blind so cant confirm its red.... but otherwise sounds possible. It pops up when it thinks you may be about to hit something - I have mine on the highest/sensitive setting and it goes off occasionally if I'm going round a bend (!) and there's something ahead in the line of fire (so to speak) rather than actually on the road in front. I may not be describing this well.... Not going round the bend at present though.
Thinking the same thing, so it'll be under the heading "Front Assist" in the settings.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Think you might be bang on with your explanation there Anteca, as I had something flash up on screen just as I was taking a 90 corner over a bridge with a wall on either side and it popped up then on two different occasions, but was there long enough to see what it was showing but does sound similar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Anteca; NeilW and Taffy2. I have just looked at the Front Assist topics on this Forum and found that my query has been well discussed. Your help is much appreciated. Should have gone to SpecSavers. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thanks to the above posts, I now know that it is possible to adjust the sensitivity of the proximity sensors... thanks guys... and girls! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts