Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <t>What, What, I think my ear drums have just burst!</t>

Votes: 1 5.9%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok time for a poll I think. Lets get some peoples opinions on how loud the SEAT sound system is if you were to dare cranking it up to 100%. This isn't about quality, just loudness. :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
I take it you find it very very loud then kindness?! I find my standard one perfectly acceptable in the noise department, I would be intrigued to hear the seat sound system! Perhaps I will have a listen in showroom when my service rolls round.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Daft poll really. It could be the loudest noise in the world but if the quality isn't there then it is pointless in my opinion.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David_S said:
Daft poll really. It could be the loudest noise in the world but if the quality isn't there then it is pointless in my opinion.
Daft poll is it David_S :evil: It's actually for your benefit as you seem to be calling a few of us liars when we say we find the system to be very loud as your comment below. As I have said on numerous occasions get it looked at or compare it to another :roll:

Font Rectangle Circle Magenta Writing

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Kindness71 said:
David_S said:
Daft poll is it David_S :evil: It's actually for your benefit as you seem to be calling a few of us liars when we say we find the system to be very loud as your comment below. As I have said on numerous occasions get it looked at or compare it to another :roll:

loudness.JPG
I said you could be exaggerating amongst other things, that's not exactly calling you a liar.

Now you are exaggerating :lol:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Bloody stupid childish question if you ask me (which nobody hasn't :D )

If anyone needs to turn their system volume to 100% that's one serious design flaw.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Golfmk56 said:

If anyone needs to turn their system volume to 100% that's one serious design flaw.
Hang on a minute... if "nobody hasn't"... then doesn't that actually mean that "somebody has" ?

All right, I will shut up and leave now! ;)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Golfmk56 said:

Yes it is a stupid question ;) , but trying to establish if some cars have an issue with the volume and need to be taken to the dealership. So far we have 89% saying its at the very least ok, with the majority thinking its even louder, and just one person thinking its pathetic. mmmmm I wonder who that might be :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Kindness71 said:
Golfmk56 said:

Yes it is a stupid question ;) , but trying to establish if some cars have an issue with the volume and need to be taken to the dealership. So far we have 89% saying its at the very least ok, with the majority thinking its even louder, and just one person thinking its pathetic. mmmmm I wonder who that might be :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess you're referring to me? If the title of the topic was "how useful is this thread?" then that probably would have been my answer. Anyhow, I voted not bad, which is actually a great summarisation of the whole system and not just the volume.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Find the loudness of the system just fine.

But coming from a couple of Land Rovers that have the Meridian system installed (one normal 380w system, the other with the 825w surround system), it does a very decent but not exceptional job.

Golfmk56 said:

In the Land Rover there is no way you can withstand getting it near 100% - in either system. On its scale 50/60 is the most I can get it to without actually hurting my ears. No idea what the sound pressure level is but no more than a couple of minutes before hearing becomes dull. I know before anyone else says it - bit stupid to go that high, but that is just bringing back the times from my earlier car days with the sound system craze that I was into. It's a wonder that I am not deaf these days, thankfully not!

I think the Seat Sound upgrade would be struggling to maintain composure at the higher volume levels - majority of systems do, unless artificially limited to prevent the amplifiers reaching these upper outputs and revealing the inherent distortions that is inevitably generated. I agree with others that the volume is pretty much spot on so no need to push up into that volume region.

·
Banned
2,739 Posts
See bottom of the link below where MGDISCO says it's the Bluetooth setting which it will be that is causing the volume issue

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=930&start=30

That can be adjusted with reference to page 87 & 88 of the media manual

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=930&start=40

Thus it appears to be a storm in a tea cup related to using sources other than the built in ones where the gain can be adjusted for Bluetooth and Aux in but is defaulted to low. Going to be the former where people are having their issues with Internet connectivity on audio and playing media off their phones. Just got to change the default.

I think this issue is now sorted thanks MGDISCO. I don't use Bluetooth for audio in so never had the issue.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tell said:
See bottom of the link below where MGDISCO says it's the Bluetooth setting which it will be that is causing the volume issue

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=930&start=30

That can be adjusted with reference to page 87 & 88 of the media manual

http://atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=930&start=40

Thus it appears to be a storm in a tea cup related to using sources other than the built in ones where the gain can be adjusted for Bluetooth and Aux in but is defaulted to low. Going to be the former where people are having their issues with Internet connectivity on audio and playing media off their phones. Just got to change the default.

I think this issue is now sorted thanks MGDISCO. I don't use Bluetooth for audio in so never had the issue.
Thanks TELL, I had seen these settings when looking into it, but I didn't mention them as thought the people pointing this out as an issue would have had the sense to check the settings first before complaining :roll: I guess we now need to here back from these people to see if this rectifies their issue or a visit to the dealer is required :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
My issues were on DAB but using Tells settings I am able to get it to an enjoyable level. Quality is so so but ultimately it's £300 so the performance is fair considering the price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts